• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Deli Salad

What is the best deli/bound salad?

• Total voters

HailToTheDeacons

Fantasy Sheep Champion
Reaction score
What is your favorite bound salad? There are too many to list, so I only included some common entrants. Let us know where we can find the goods, or drop a recipe if you're feeling generous.

Potato.
Specifically in order:
1) Southern mustard
2) German Redskin
3) Curried

Went with tuna as a stand-alone option. I like cole slaw a lot, but mostly as a topping (bbq pork, hot dog, pastrami sandwich, etc)

Went with tuna as a stand-alone option. I like cole slaw a lot, but mostly as a topping (bbq pork, hot dog, pastrami sandwich, etc)
Yeah, Tuna & chicken salads are my tied for second place.
Cole slaw I use the same; it's a topping primarily and don't generally consider it in the same category as all other bound salads.

I can’t imagine how anything comes close to chicken salad.

It’s easy if it’s that bullshit kind with grapes and apples and nuts

That’s the thing. You make it however you like and it’s still going to be great. The best chicken salad is going to be miles ahead of the best version of any other deli salad.

Seemingly whenever Costco has some extra rotisserie birds, they make an amazing chicken salad that’s the best I’ve had.

And yes, I add grapes to it which makes it even better.

It’s easy if it’s that bullshit kind with grapes and apples and nuts

I love it with almonds and grapes.

I think tuna salad is better as a hot sandwich though.

Seemingly whenever Costco has some extra rotisserie birds, they make an amazing chicken salad that’s the best I’ve had.

And yes, I add grapes to it which makes it even better.

Yeah that rotisserie chicken salad is dope. Much better than the cape cod chicken salad they have in tubs with the hummus and guac. That stuff is too heavy on the mayo and the cranberries.

Does Palmetto brand pimento cheese count as a salad?

My wife went to Costco this morning and they had it. I just opened the fridge for the first time today and saw it. Such a money lunch option nowadays.

What do you all think about Chicken Salad Chick? It’s about South and Midwest chain. I applaud the effort. It’s solid but overpriced. Good range of choices but I haven’t found one I really liked.

https://www.chickensaladchick.com/locations/

My aunt raves about it and is in disbelief I’ve never been but I’m not going across town for chicken salad

Mr. Roberts of Roberts Grocery in Wrightsville makes a good chicken salad. I think he gets up every morning at 3 to start plucking the chickens, while Mrs. Roberts fetches the eggs for the homemade mayonnaise and makes them both a strong, and well-deserved, pot of coffee. Or sometimes he does, if he gets up first.

I’m all in on the Costco chicken salad. Chicken salad on toasted wheat with lettuce and tomato is killer.

Also, those Costco rotisserie chickens are better than any other rotisserie chickens I’ve had.

When my wife and I went to Calgary and Banff, we brought home these amazing crackers. I think they were wheat crackers, kind of sweet, big like graham crackers. And they were perfect with Costco chicken salad. That lunch was back in like October and I’m still thinking about it. Unfortunately my wife finished the crackers and threw away the package so I couldn’t find them online and we didn’t get any when we went to Vancouver a few months later.

That chicken salad is under consideration and whitefish salad is I guess lumped in with "other" speaks volumes. Chicken salad is vanilla ice cream.

Back