• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best lineup for UVa?

Ball State Deac

Reaction score
I'm struggling to figure out what our best combination is. Could we play Collins with Mitoglou? Wilbiken in a 3 guard lineup or just in place of Watson? The wheels have really come off this team, as has been noted a time or two....

5. DT
4. Mitoglou
3. McClinton
2. Watson
1. Crawford

We won't score 50 against these guys. Going to be an ugly game to watch.

I would go:
1: Crawford (CMM)
2: Watson (Wilbekin, CMM)
3: Dinos (Crab)
4: Collins (DT, Dinos)
5: DT (Doral)

Go back to what works. Crawford, Rondale, Crab, Collins, and DT. Dinos and Mitchell give up too many points.

I'd love to see that starting lineup. Plus you can bring in 2 shooters with Codi which is a nice balance. Whenever you have guys that are a wash across offense/defense - like Rondale (better defender) and Wilbekin (better shooter) - I like starting the defender and bringing the shooter off the bench. Defenders don't match up as well on subs, or the opponent subs as well so the defensive matchups aren't as tough, or at least your poorer defenders have fresher legs.

But that starting 5 could be a high energy starting group that pounds it inside - then Mitch and Dinos come in with Codi for some drive-and-dish 3's. Leave Crawford and Devin in for as many minutes as they can play effectively and get Moore his 8-10 minutes.

I'd love to see that starting lineup. Plus you can bring in 2 shooters with Codi which is a nice balance. Whenever you have guys that are a wash across offense/defense - like Rondale (better defender) and Wilbekin (better shooter) - I like starting the defender and bringing the shooter off the bench. Defenders don't match up as well on subs, or the opponent subs as well so the defensive matchups aren't as tough, or at least your poorer defenders have fresher legs.

But that starting 5 could be a high energy starting group that pounds it inside - then Mitch and Dinos come in with Codi for some drive-and-dish 3's. Leave Crawford and Devin in for as many minutes as they can play effectively and get Moore his 8-10 minutes.

Good points. And you can't let the other team get hot to start the game, like we did when we had Wilbekin guarding Cooney in the Cuse game.

Good points. And you can't let the other team get hot to start the game, like we did when we had Wilbekin guarding Cooney in the Cuse game.

Of course his first 2 threes were over Crawford and Codi - they got matchup up off the tip and then in transition. Wilbekin gave up one off an offensive rebound and kick-out, then Cooney muscled him inside for a 2. We subbed in Rondale who promptly gave up another 3 to him on a terrible close-out.

As much as I'd love to see some lineup changes the bottom line is we simply have to play better. We played decent defense against Miami but couldn't score. We scored against VaTech but played zero defense. Every time a struggling player steps up it seems like someone else takes his place to go 1/8 from the field.

I'm struggling to figure out what our best combination is. Could we play Collins with Mitoglou? Wilbiken in a 3 guard lineup or just in place of Watson? The wheels have really come off this team, as has been noted a time or two....

5. DT
4. Mitoglou
3. McClinton
2. Watson
1. Crawford

LOL, just throw any five players out there. You are expecting rhyme or reason at this point? Too much to ask.

LOL, just throw any five players out there. You are expecting rhyme or reason at this point? Too much to ask.

Clearly the starting 5 should be TR, TVH, Bilas jr., Mckie, and Michael Drum playing the 5 spot

Of course his first 2 threes were over Crawford and Codi - they got matchup up off the tip and then in transition. Wilbekin gave up one off an offensive rebound and kick-out, then Cooney muscled him inside for a 2. We subbed in Rondale who promptly gave up another 3 to him on a terrible close-out.

As much as I'd love to see some lineup changes the bottom line is we simply have to play better. We played decent defense against Miami but couldn't score. We scored against VaTech but played zero defense. Every time a struggling player steps up it seems like someone else takes his place to go 1/8 from the field.

I'm afraid Manning is way too stubborn to make a change like this

5. DT
4. Mitoglou
3. McClinton
2. Watson
1. Crawford

I have no idea what our best lineup is but I can't imagine that it includes McClinton.

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Randolph Childress
SF Josh Howard
PF- Devin Thomas
C-Tim Duncan

Can we run a four corners offense and hope that they get bored? If so, then four ball handlers and DT.

Back