• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best lineup for UVa?

That's only because the game was moved from 9:00 on ESPNU yesterday.

2 tickets in section 123 I can't use. First to respond gets em. Can leave them at will call for you. DM me.

1. Crawford
2. CMM
3. Crab
4. Dinos
5. DT

I understand Crab, CMM, and Dinos have played like shit lately. I still think you need to have at least 2 physical/effort players (DT & CMM), 2 players who can stretch the floor (Dinos & Crawford) and 2 players who can stop the ball (Crab & CMM). We could really use Crab stepping up.

I really don't understand why we start Wilbekin–granted it is not like Crab has taken the position himself. Seems like Wilbekin would be a prime candidate to bring in when Collins comes in for either Dinos or Devin.

1. Crawford/CMM/Rondale
2. Wilbekin
3. Crab/Dinos
4. Collins/Dinos
5. Devin/Collins/GoldenDoral

Like the idea of starting Dinos against UVa since possessions are so valuable and you will need outside shooting. CMM could be a real liability in a game like this since they will dare him to shoot. However, if you manage his minutes wisely and bring him off the bench to get a better match-up against UVa reserves, then you may have a better chance of success. I agree with TopHat, bring Wilbekin off the bench as well when you sub Collins in for Dinos.

As for a starting lineup, I would go with BC\RW\Hud\Dinos\DT so Hudson can hopefully disrupt Brogdon and Rondale can key on Perrantes and hopefully keep him from catching fire from deep. Take the defensive pressure off of BC and let him guard whatever 6' 5" guy is out there whether it's Shayok, Hall or Thompson.

I would love to see Collins get more minutes, but this is one game where Devin needs Dinos on the floor to maximize spacing. Hopefully Dinos can hit early and force Gill to respect him. Tobey could be a tough match up for Devin, but if he can stay out of foul trouble for once and force some double teams, then the kick-out three will be available. But he will need to be decisive.

As for Codi, I'd manage his mins and let his play dictate in the first half. But really he shouldn't be getting 30-32 mins. I'd rather split up 10 of those mins and distribute them to Rondale and Wilbekin depending on the flow of the game. This type of game does not suit CMM's skill-set as buckets, especially interior lane driving variety, will be hard to come by. Gotta hope that 2 of Wilbekin, Dinos and Hudson are hitting some outside looks in a slow-down, value-the-ball, half-court slog fest.

Good luck Deacs! Why not pull the upset? You got nothing to lose at this point. Hopefully Danny uses his personnel correctly and they have a chance to win at the end.

Back