• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best nut?

What's the best type of nut?

• Total voters
right now i'm eating delicious buffalo wing flavored almonds from blue diamond.

not sure if anyone said it, but smokehouse almonds from blue diamond - money!

Macs are for fatties

Yeah, because all of the fattie hawaiian chicks

imgres

imgres

Pistachios all the way. Peanuts come second - straight up, boiled, or fried.

Tough choices. Pistachio is great when used as an ingredient but too much work when eaten by itself. Macadamia almost got my vote because I love some macadamia nut cookies. I settled on brazil nut, though. In the variety tin, they are definitely the ones i seek out over the rest.

count me in the camp of either pistachios or cashews. but i agree with everybody who says that pistachios are just too much work. so i opt for cashews more often.

Pecan. Pecan Pie. Pairs well with Bourbon. Good with chocolate. Good on ice cream. Pecan wood is excellent for smoking BBQ.

BOO PINE NUTS ARE THE WORST

<MarqueeMoon> Theres this guy in Midtown who makes THE BEST pine nut pesto. You've never heard of his place. He doesn't have a sign out front so you have to really be "in the know" to get a chance to eat there. Quite frankly hes legally blind so he runs into occasional problems with the Health Department with what they deem "unsanitary" cooking surfaces and utinsils and "unauthorized" ingredients and such nonsense. So the Health Inspectors forced him to go underground, and he cooks on a hotplate in the back of an abandoned office building, and you have to bring your own plate. And he doesn't keep regular hours because he doesn't work when his knee is acting up. But the pine nut pesto is to die for. </MarqueeMoon>

FUUUUU unopenable pistachio

But seriously, pistachios

<MarqueeMoon> Theres this guy in Midtown who makes THE BEST pine nut pesto. You've never heard of his place. He doesn't have a sign out front so you have to really be "in the know" to get a chance to eat there. Quite frankly hes legally blind so he runs into occasional problems with the Health Department with what they deem "unsanitary" cooking surfaces and utinsils and "unauthorized" ingredients and such nonsense. So the Health Inspectors forced him to go underground, and he cooks on a hotplate in the back of an abandoned office building, and you have to bring your own plate. And he doesn't keep regular hours because he doesn't work when his knee is acting up. But the pine nut pesto is to die for. </MarqueeMoon>

I'm glad you took the time to write this. It's so witty!

Back