• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best NY style pizza in Charlotte?

Why are you guys engaging the only man in the history of the universe who went to Vegas and never got laid. And he was there for YEARS. Mask would get laid in Vegas. The homeless man with just one remaining desperate eye whose face was eaten by the guy not on bath salts would get laid. Yet, somehow. Someway...

We all don't settle as badly as you did in order to get that constant lovin'

I love Chicago style pizza. As for NY style in Charlotte, another vote for portofinos.

I've eaten more pizza than anyone on this board and I'm not sure I know the differences between NY style and Chicago Style :couch:

and I think with this post, we can all agree to ignore your food comments from now on.

There's a place called Tony's over in Matthews at the Galleria that's one of my favorites and NY style, but that's probably 20 mins or so outside of the city, depending on stuff. I normally go to Fuel in my neighborhood for convenience.

There is a Tony's on the corner of WT Harris and Mt Holly-Huntersville Road that is really good. Not sure if it is related to the one you are talking about. My main complaint with them is that the mozzerella they use has a ton of salt in it, so you have to spend the rest of the day sucking down water or else feel like shit.

But the actual answer to the question, depending on how you define Charlotte, is Brooklyn South in Cornelius. IMO, nothing else comes close south of Washington DC. Every actual NYer, and not the faux-move-to-hipster-brooklyn-after-college ones like gaybone/jaybone, but the real ones who grew up there, love it.

There is a Tony's on the corner of WT Harris and Mt Holly-Huntersville Road that is really good. Not sure if it is related to the one you are talking about. My main complaint with them is that the mozzerella they use has a ton of salt in it, so you have to spend the rest of the day sucking down water or else feel like shit.

But the actual answer to the question, depending on how you define Charlotte, is Brooklyn South in Cornelius. IMO, nothing else comes close south of Washington DC. Every actual NYer, and not the faux-move-to-hipster-brooklyn-after-college ones like gaybone/jaybone, but the real ones who grew up there, love it.

is brooklyn south the same place that's on rea road (or colony? can't remember where the road changes names)? next to the lodge? if so, even if you only define Charlotte as being within the city limits, it's still within charlotte.

Irish's ears are burning.

RIP LaStrada, best pizza I ever had growing up in the '70's.

agree with every single word

I grew up in Mooresville, I remember this place Brooklyn Bros or something like that actually being pretty legit

tumblr_mev81qtxOq1rs8ziuo1_500.gif

How did this ever become a debate between Chicago style and ny style?

The problem is only Chicago does Chicago

Everywhere does ny style and most of u have only had it outside of ny and it sucked

There is no competion

i had some absolutely dreadful pizza my last trip to nyc. some great pizza as well, but this one place was flat out miserable. i didnt even finish my slice.

Are Brooklyn South and Brooklyn Boys the same? Brooklyn Boys is really good. I'd put it above Burke St. Hawthorne is average but I go for convenience. Fuel is pretty mediocre but it's a good drunk food and their uptown location stays open late. I also get pizza from Brixx and Brickhouse.

Back