• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Pizza you've ever had

buckets

#1 Bald Hero
Reaction score
For me... I would say Frank Pepe's in New Haven, CT. They claim to be the first pizzeria in America, but who knows. Their pies are ridiculously good and they make an awesome white clam pie for those that like to get funky.

What's the best pizza you've ever had? And drunk pizza, while a legit answer, is not a constructive answer.

For me... I would say Frank Pepe's in New Haven, CT. They claim to be the first pizzeria in America, but who knows. Their pies are ridiculously good and they make an awesome white clam pie for those that like to get funky.

What's the best pizza you've ever had? And drunk pizza, while a legit answer, is not a constructive answer.

Been to Pepe's, it was very good. The best pie that I have ever had came off my grill, though.

Some small place in NYC. It had braised fennel and spicy sausage. Great, great stuff.

Lombardi's in NYC has to be up there for me.

Ramunto's in Hanover/West Lebanon, NH sticks out for me. Amazing stuff.

The pizza in Rome that I only had a few bites of before storing it in my pants.

Extra pepperoni pizza at The Rainbow
Pizza fruiti di mare at a cafe by the olympic pool in Monte Carlo (and it was reasonably priced)

Midnight streetside pizza and wine in Rome three summers ago. Fanfreakingtastic. Dashionista knows.

My family is partial to Piccola Italia in Raleigh but only for a special pizza we always get there. I really enjoyed the house slice at the Artichoke Basil on Franklin Street too.

Pretty sure the food was awesome at Mountain High Pizza Pie in Jackson Hole, WY as well.

I've not been to any super awesome traditional/famous places.

Here are the good ones I've eaten at:

Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix

That's a good call. That's probably my #2.

Lou Malnati's (or Giordano's, depending on my mood) in Chicago is up there as well, if you count it as pizza and not lasagna. ;)

/ducks

at an absolutely miniscule town called Brenna outside of Sienna in Tuscany.

Chicago Deep dish at Uno or Due (not the shit chain, the original). Can't beat a deep dish pie.

When I was in NYC this past December for the first time we had the pleasure of stopping at this great authentic place.

Can't remember the name, though. I think I snapped a pic; hang on and let me comb through my pictures.

ETA: FOUND IT!

mmmmea.jpg

Some place on Lexington in NYC. I wish I could remember the name.

Back