• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Pizza you've ever had

Midnight streetside pizza and wine in Rome three summers ago. Fanfreakingtastic. Dashionista knows.

My family is partial to Piccola Italia in Raleigh but only for a special pizza we always get there. I really enjoyed the house slice at the Artichoke Basil on Franklin Street too.

Pretty sure the food was awesome at Mountain High Pizza Pie in Jackson Hole, WY as well.

I've not been to any super awesome traditional/famous places.

@ipity yep yep yeppity yep yep

also, some ridiculously awesome traditional italian place in switzerland that i stumbled across

and lombardi's in NYC

When I was in NYC this past December for the first time we had the pleasure of stopping at this great authentic place.

Can't remember the name, though. I think I snapped a pic; hang on and let me comb through my pictures.

ETA: FOUND IT!

mmmmea.jpg

http://www.slate.com/id/2293006/

Bimbo's in Melbourne, Australia.

Pizza was called the Agnello and consisted of:

Tomato, Mozzarella, Lamb, Rocket, Pine-nuts, Sultanas & Parmesan

Here are the good ones I've eaten at:
Mozza in LA
Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix
Pete N' Edla's/Carmen's Pizzeria - Jersey Shore
Brother's Pizza - Red Bank, NJ

I've never actually liked Pete N Elda's too much as far as taste, I think it gets overrated because of the pie-eating challenge (which I have conquered several times).

When I was a kid my dad would pick up a sausage, peppers, and onions pizza from Brothers' every Friday night on his way home from work, or we would walk there in the summer. They changed owners at some point in the late 80s/early90s and the quality dropped a little, but I can still taste the original if I think about it. I'm partial to Danny's in Little Silver.

I've had pizza in NYC and Chicago, but my favorite pizza is at "Little Italy" in Athens, GA. Those little stoners don't know how to mop the floor or clean the restroom but they can make a mean pizza.

The pizza ever was the pot pizza Za (Pizza Garden) made for us.

I rly liked Grimaldi's in NYC, but I haven't been to many other stand out pizza places either.

F'ing A. Pizza is so good. I am not sure I can say a BEST place. I can name some good ones.

1- Over the Falls in downtown WF, NC. Shockingly good for a non-pizza restaurant.
2- Several in NYC. I seem to remember Franny's best.
3- In Florence the Quattro Formaggio was amazing.

better than varasano's or antico?

Haven't eaten at Antico unfortunately. I did enjoy Max's better but I was also starving when I got there and it has been a while since I went to Varasano's. Truth be told, I'd endorse either of them and wish I was able to go to Atlanta more often.

I can't really recall, there are so many kinds and styles of pizza to really say what's the best....am more appropriate answer would be what pizza do you like the best, but even that's difficult to answer

There are some pizza milestones in my life, life the first time I had burke street and at the time it was probably the best pizza i'd ever had. I recognize that it's not the best pizza, but it's damn good, it's just the first time I'd had seemingly legitimate NY style pizza. (even New Yorkers agree that it's at least passable). Barley's pizza in Asheville can be spectacular (it's always good, but sometimes they get it just right and it's amazing) and when coupled with a fresh pitcher of your favorite beer it's hard to beat. I've been to NYC and eaten some good pizza, can't really remember the names of places, but it's been good. In Africa, while out in the bush, our cook made a deep dish pizza with tin foil over an open fire, it was quite good, but even better considering what he had to work with.

Tombstone makes a good pie. Kroger has a nice frozen pizza too. When I'm really looking for something serious, though, I follow my man zzzz's advice and call Dominos!

Some random place in New York that I only went once and had two slices of amazing pepperoni. For just favorite pizza place though, I would say King's Inn Pizza in Eden, NC.

I haven't eaten at many of these famous places, but I enjoyed Pizza Rustica in Delray Beach, FL.

It appears that they are franchising which, to me, takes away some of the appeal.

In Atlanta, Antico.

In US, Mozza in LA I guess.

Best all time? Probs this place I dont remember the name of in Monterosso, IT.

Honestly though, I'm really not that into pizza. :jerkit:

Back