• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Pro Basketball Game you ever attended

Seattle Sonics home playoff game in 1991 or 1992 against the Golden State Warriors. My memory is it was the game that Shawn Kemp just threw down on Chris Gatling and "made it rain" but not sure. I just remember jumping up and down on a Shawn Kemp throw down.

Place went bonkers.

jaybone knows an NBA scout

Only been to a couple of Baltimore Bullets games as a little kid and a couple of Washington Bullets games in the 80s. Never got into pro hoops like I did college hoops. I will pause to watch the occasional Spurs game - they play the game well.

On the flip side, a couple of years ago, the Wizards were up 3 in the final seconds against Toronto. While scrambling to get off a shot, a Raptors pass was intercepted by a Wizard player who threw the ball in the air thinking that the clock would run out; the Wizard failed to throw it as high or far as he planned to; a Toronto player snagged the ball and chucked in this shot to force overtime (and the Raptors won), leading to this famous call by the Wizards' TV announcer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY95p_ELquI

Wow, can't believe I never saw that. Crazy.

Grew up in Dallas and back in the 80's when the Mavericks were borderline decent and they were playing Seattle in the playoffs. It was game 5 and something caused them to move the game from Reunion Arena to the SMU campus coliseum (Moody Coliseum). My friends dad knew someone in the Maverick front office and scored us some tickets. The game was absolutely insane going into OT and down to the last second.
Great old time names if you're a Mavericks fan:
Mark Aquirre, Rolando Blackman, Brad Davis, Dale Ellis (Chris's dad), Kurt Nimphius, Jim Spanarkel and Jay Vencent.....with Don Carter in a sideline seat.

1997 WCF Rockets over Jazz on Eddie Johnson buzzer beater

Saw a Carolina Cougar game in December of 1970 where the Cougars faced off with the Indiana Pacers. The Pacers had an incredible lineup which included Mel Daniels, Warren Armstrong later known as Warren Jabali(who was a mean SOB that didn't like anybody,) Roger Brown, Bob Netolicky, Freddie Lewis, Rick Mount, and Billy Keller. The Cougars were led by Bones on the bench and Duke's Bob Verga on the floor but had nowhere near the talent of the Pacers. At that point in the season they were 9-17.

The Cougars played inspired ball and led most of the game but Indiana tied it at the buzzer and had too much in OT winning 155-148. The seven point spread was the largest margin either team led by the whole night. Despite the loss, it was an exciting night of hoops with shots going in from everywhere. The ABA played a much more wide open and high scoring brand of basketball than the NBA which is why they were so successful in beating NBA teams in pre-season games.

Last edited:
I saw the Spurs sleepwalk through a boring loss to the Tarcats. That has been my only NBA game. 150 minutes and $40 i'll never get back.

4-way tie:

1) 1st game ever: San Francisco Warriors at Boston Celtics, Boston Garden, Dec. 26, 1967

2) Michael Jordan scores 63 in 2 OT loss to Celtics at Boston Garden, Apr. 20, 1986

3) Lakers beat Celtics, 107-106, Game 4 of 1987 NBA Finals, June 9, 1987

4) Celtics beat Pistons in Game 7 of 1987 Eastern Conference Finals, 117-114.

I was at the Malice at the Palace brawl but left in the 3rd. Worst decision of my life.

Last edited:
Back