• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Restaurant in Winston

Best Restaurant

• Total voters
Oh no. I was born in Winston, went to wake, and still have family there, so I am familiar with most of the city. Last time I went to Fabians it was right after they converted back into Fabians from the pizza place, and I think Fabian was still there, and it was excellent. Ryan's has always been good, but doesn't compare to Hall's as far as steakhouses go. Paul's used to have great food, but I've heard lately its outdated and dirty.

I have no idea where I went in Asheville. I did have brunch at Tupolo honey, which was really good, before I left. I was there for a wedding so I went to one place for the rehearsal and during the day tried their famous barbecue place. I forget the name of it. They had great ribs too.

Oh no. I was born in Winston, went to wake, and still have family there, so I am familiar with most of the city. Last time I went to Fabians it was right after they converted back into Fabians from the pizza place, and I think Fabian was still there, and it was excellent. Ryan's has always been good, but doesn't compare to Hall's as far as steakhouses go. Paul's used to have great food, but I've heard lately its outdated and dirty.

I have no idea where I went in Asheville. I did have brunch at Tupolo honey, which was really good, before I left. I was there for a wedding so I went to one place for the rehearsal and during the day tried their famous barbecue place. I forget the name of it. They had great ribs too.

Gotcha. Tupelo is good but defs a tourist trap. BBQ joint was probs 12 bones.

Those restaurants I listed are all awesome and defs up there with my favorite Charleston restaurants.

Why are you here

FWIW, he informed me via posrep that he was leaving the board.

I wonder if he realizes that there plenty of people in the third world that I am sure would call a $100 meal at Firebird's disgusting and certainly have a better basis for doing so.

Which are considered Winston's best now? I'm aware the ones I listed srent considered best. They just are the ones that remind me of Winston most. I've been to Fabians, VT, Milner's (probably my favorite place in town, or was), Bernardins, Paul's, W-S Prime, Firebirds, The Piedmont Cub, 4th street filling station, etc, etc. My day's been in Winston since the 70s and claims nothing has been good since Staley's closed.

My favorite is 4th Street. But I am fairly cheap, for good reason when I was in school, so I liked to play it safe when I wanted to treat myself. It was either there or Village Tavern (which isn't half as good).

Yeah it just opened, Big Shotz blew hard. But Five Points is actually really good, or at least I think so. Lobster and avocado salad is off the charts.

The real answer is Lucky 32.

There are a whole lot of noobs on this thread. Yes, Winston isn't Atlanta, but the dining has improved quite a bit in the last ten years.

My favorites are Meridian, Mozelle's, Mooney's, and Willows Bistro. There's a couple other decent ones like 4th Street and Diamondback. I went to Village Tavern for the first time in forever last night and it was awful. They can't even cook a steak right there. It was really pretty pitiful. Appetizers were a greasy mess, too.

On another note, very jealous of the poster that went to Guy Savoy. I went to Le Bernardin in NYC about a month ago and it was an incredible experience. We had the chefs tasting menu and it blew me away. I really hope to go back again one day.

You can drop $300 at Flemings with a couple of bottles of wine on Valentine's Day. Spending $1,300 on a Honeymoon meal at a world renowned restaurant is totally reasonable if that is what floats your boat.

Tate Street Thai in Greensboro is tits for cheap, delicious Thai.

Taste of Thai on Battleground/A COCK is nice for a little more upscale (10 bucks a plate).

That Japanese noodle restaurant next door on Tate Street is great also.

I work about 3 blocks from there. Lunch FTW!

You can drop $300 at Flemings with a couple of bottles of wine on Valentine's Day. Spending $1,300 on a Honeymoon meal at a world renowned restaurant is totally reasonable if that is what floats your boat.
Yeah, I think I'd rather spend $1300 on an incredible 3 hour experience than thousand of hours and no money arguing politics on a message board.

Back