• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Restaurant in Winston

Best Restaurant

• Total voters
That is disgusting.....and it is, evidently, Wake Forest today. A bunch of snobby elitists.

Yes, way to generalize the entire Wake Forest community due to what one guy says. That's definitely fair and balanced.

Yes. I am not a German food expert, but I had the Bratwurst and quite enjoyed it. Wish I had gone earlier.

A very strange place though. No clue how they stay in business.

Bad location, but great food. The chef is apparently well trained and has served some famous people. Dunno about the S&D thing. I don't think it's on the table, but every meal doesn't need extra seasoning.

And the answer to the original question is Mozelle's. Their tomato pie is fantastic.

OK, then join me in pointing out how disgusting that is. So far, I'm the only one who has done it. There is no way to justify paying $1,300 for a meal. None. Anybody who does that is making way the fuck too much money...or has had too much money given to him....if he can piss away $1,300 on a meal. It's one of the most disgusting things I have ever read on these boards.

(And paying $55,000/year to go to any college is disgusting, too....and that's also where the WF thing comes in as well. So I'll be waiting to see how many guys here think it's OK to blow $1,300 on a meal.)

I wouldn't spend my money that way, but I also don't think it's "disgusting". Obviously it's a luxury, but so was your son's dinner at Firebird's.

Amazing how much of your time you spend associating with a bunch of people you think are disgusting, elitist, entitled snobs.

BKF, I'm curious. Is there a school (or more than one) that you can identify today that you think is close to what WF was when you were a student? Someplace that comes close in terms of quality/value/size/etc.?

Just wondering. Sorry for the tangent on a tangent.

Also...I agree that this place is cheap (and good) entertainment. When one has the time.

But can't absolutely condemn spending 1300 dollars on a meal. It depends. On the meal. The occasion. Who's paying and what are their resources. Etc. Can't take it with you. Money or the meal. Sometimes, if you can, it can be fun to relax and enjoy the moment and spend your (discretionary) money on something that might seem absurd.

I can see blowing a wad on a really special meal more than I can spending 250,000 on a four year education. But that's just me right now. I suppose if I had "enough" money, the price of a WF education today wouldn't seem daunting (as it does).

It's cheap entertainment. I'll tell you one thing, though. There is no way in hell that I would even consider going to Wake Forest today.

Moot point, since you wouldn't get in. Wake Forest has evolved into a real, nationally recognized, university since you attended.

Bad location, but great food. The chef is apparently well trained and has served some famous people. Dunno about the S&D thing. I don't think it's on the table, but every meal doesn't need extra seasoning.

And the answer to the original question is Mozelle's. Their tomato pie is fantastic.

so good

OK, then join me in pointing out how disgusting that is. So far, I'm the only one who has done it. There is no way to justify paying $1,300 for a meal. None. Anybody who does that is making way the fuck too much money...or has had too much money given to him....if he can piss away $1,300 on a meal. It's one of the most disgusting things I have ever read on these boards.

(And paying $55,000/year to go to any college is disgusting, too....and that's also where the WF thing comes in as well. So I'll be waiting to see how many guys here think it's OK to blow $1,300 on a meal.)

while i would absolutely never spend 1,300 on a meal, where do you draw the line on luxury spending? do you jump on folks who spend an extra 10-50 grand on high end vehicles that are gas guzzlers? have more expensive wardrobes than men's warehouse would provide? fly first class instead of coach? spend more money on courtside seats than nosebleed section?

Looks pretty tight. €330 prix fixe per person plus drinks gets you to $1,300 pretty quickly for a party of two. At least you didn't have to tip.

It was my honeymoon. I saved up for it. We both love food and restaurants. He is a 3 star Michelin chef. It was white truffle season. You want intimidating? The wine list had nothing I would call reasonable. That made up a decent chunk of the tab.

Viewed another way, it was only 2 1/2 times more than RJK's $500 tab, amirite?

I don't regret it at all.

has bkf ever been to vegas?

tryst-bar-tab.jpg

Well, that's the kind of occasion that makes sense to me, fwiw. I can't believe today the money I spent on some of the stuff surrounding our marriage/honeymoon. But no regrets here either.

Took me till now to realize what "board" CP was implying. Restaurant...board...what? Ahh...this place. lol.

Back