• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Talking Heads song

?

• Total voters
Also the best Burning Down the House

I can't choose between Naive Melody and Burning Down the House. They both hold special significance to me.

Great, great band with a really consistently good catalog.

David Byrne is giving a lecture on architecture and music tomorrow in Philly but I will be out of town.

My favorite tracks are "This Must Be the Place" "The Great Curve" or "The Book I Read."

They're all required listening though.

Funny I was playing the Talking Heads on the way to work today and my kids were mocking it and calling me old.

Now with another birthday slipping by, the song “Once In Lifetime” has more meaning and is more enjoyable than ever.

Really tough decision between Once in a Lifetime and And She Was, but I went with the former because it has always been one of my favorites, whereas I've developed a fondness for And She Was only within the last few years. My favorite songs not mentioned are probably Lifetime Piling Up, Wild Wild Life and Mr. Jones. Still, a great band and David Byrne is such a unique personality. Saw him on the Tonight Show a few days ago and he is still a great performer.

Last edited:
My band plays Wild Wild Life. There's a good reason why that isn't the list, although I must admit the song has grown on me.

My band plays Wild Wild Life. There's a good reason why that isn't the list, although I must admit the song has grown on me.

It would be interesting to hear that song with death grunts.

Funny I was playing the Talking Heads on the way to work today and my kids were mocking it and calling me old.

Now with another birthday slipping by, the song “Once In Lifetime” has more meaning and is more enjoyable than ever.

Old? Talking Heads is classic.

Back