• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Talking Heads song

?

• Total voters
There is no best to me, everything but the "True Stories" soundtrack is tied for best.

I can't choose between Naive Melody and Burning Down the House. They both hold special significance to me.

Great, great band with a really consistently good catalog.

David Byrne is giving a lecture on architecture and music tomorrow in Philly but I will be out of town.

I'm in the same boat. Went with Naive Melody, but could of gone with either. And I love their version of Take Me to the River, but since its not an original I ruled it out.

Not sure I can pick a favorite, but I went with Once in a Lifetime. The song really resonates with me.

I really regret never seeing them live. I did see David Byrne with St. Vincent which was a cool show. They played a few Talking Heads songs.

they make great playlist filler songs (cocktail hour, house party etc.)

Some favorites that weren't listed:
Making Flippy Floppy (particularly from Stop Making Sense)
Love->Building on Fire

I'm too young to have seen TH live. But I saw David Byrne during his "Look into the Eyeball" tour, and a few times after that. He's a true artist who continues to innovate and yet still rocks out his old songs. Byrne has a great discography as a solo artist.

Back