• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best (Unheralded) Cover Songs

TimmyClutch

Reaction score
Since there is a bunch of serious muzak fans here, I thought this would be a good place to post covers you like that are not well known (i.e. not Luke Combs singing Fast Cars).

Inaugural post, Mandolin Orange playing Boots of Spanish Leather.

I will add that if you like covers, there are some great ones to be found on this Australian radio "Like a Version" channel as well as BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge.

It's Charlie Louvin's birthday so here's a grizzled older Charlie in a fantastic Nudie suit covering "We Had It All" which was first recorded by Waylon, but Charlie speeds it up a bit here (and it's noted here as "When I Was Your Man" which is not the real title) and I love the fiddle and bass player boppin in the background.

Since there is a bunch of serious muzak fans here, I thought this would be a good place to post covers you like that are not well known (i.e. not Luke Combs singing Fast Cars).

Inaugural post, Mandolin Orange playing Boots of Spanish Leather.

Sorry Timmy, Luke combs can take his shitty, low energy, lifeless version of fast car and f+ck right off.

They don't really qualify as unheralded, but Seu Jorge's Bowie covers are too good to pass up. My current favorite is Starman, but they are all great:

Back