• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Yeah. Everything about that scene was quintessential BB/BCS. And the look on his face when he heard his dad coming into work. Nacho is such a good character. I give the writing team credit for not unnecessarily wedging him into story lines while they took a deeper look at the McGill brothers.

Very interesting to see how the partnership between Mike and Fring started. Does the cartel know they work together in BB? I assumed so, but now I'm not sure.

So why do you all think Kim took the Gatwood account? I assumed it was to give Jimmy some work under the table or to help her cover Jimmy's end.

Yeah. Everything about that scene was quintessential BB/BCS. And the look on his face when he heard his dad coming into work. Nacho is such a good character. I give the writing team credit for not unnecessarily wedging him into story lines while they took a deeper look at the McGill brothers.

Very interesting to see how the partnership between Mike and Fring started. Does the cartel know they work together in BB? I assumed so, but now I'm not sure.

So why do you all think Kim took the Gatwood account? I assumed it was to give Jimmy some work under the table or to help her cover Jimmy's end.

I think the latter. She knows he's slipping (and not simply on drumsticks).

Interestingly, last night's episode was titled 'Slip' and next week is 'Fall'.

What makes me doubt that is that she didn't hesitate to write a check for $14,750 (or thereabouts). Perhaps she knew Howard wouldn't cash it, but still. Just based on the numbers thrown around, that's about three months rent.

Kim doesn't even really need the office. She doesn't take walk-ins. They seem to always meet for dinner or at a branch. She could easily work at home if it wasn't 2003.

Just an OK episode for me. But sometimes you have to advance the stories a bit to do bigger things. Last 2 episodes should be good.

Things are set up for an amazing final two episodes to the season.

Agreed. Great interview with Esposito by the way. I highly recommend checking it out.

Well done on the parallel story lines in that episode. I am looking forward to the finale.

Kind of a brutal episode. Mike sells his soul, Irene gets hosed by Jimmy, Nacho fulfills his dad's worst expectations, and Kim gets wrecked. At least Francesca got some boss tequila.

I looked up Mabel and wiki told me 'The Adventures of Mabel were mentioned in a 2017 episode of the television show Better Call Saul called Mabel.'

Another great season of Better Call Saul. This show has no business being this good. I remember the first announcements about this show were unclear if it was a comedy or drama or dramedy. I even remember some chatter about it being a sitcom.

Now we've followed the saga of Jimmy McGill for 3 seasons. I don't want to see him turn into Saul Goodman.

His story for the season ended last week.

Everything from Chuck's final cold-blooded words to Jimmy, until he bludgeons the electricity meter...damn. What an exceptionally tense and well-shot scene. The soundtrack was so good during that sequence, too; and also during Nacho's effort to blow Hector away.

I told awar that I kind of miss Blockbuster. Sentimental, I know, but Netflix and RedBox (while amazingly convenient) just aren't the same.

those VHS tapes were expensive. one time we kept Gladiator for way past its due date so my mom wanted to just declare it lost, and they wanted $120 for it. I think that was the last time we set foot in one.

Back