• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

those VHS tapes were expensive. one time we kept Gladiator for way past its due date so my mom wanted to just declare it lost, and they wanted $120 for it. I think that was the last time we set foot in one.

Yeah, that whole future value argument really irritated me. I don't think Red Box lets you go over the retail price of the movie, which is nice.

I wonder if post-stroke Hector is ever aware that Gus saved his life.

Jimmy mentions that it's 2003, which leaves four years between the events of this season and Walter White's cancer diagnosis.

Everything from Chuck's final cold-blooded words to Jimmy, until he bludgeons the electricity meter...damn. What an exceptionally tense and well-shot scene. The soundtrack was so good during that sequence, too; and also during Nacho's effort to blow Hector away.

Yep. A perfect scene. Well played to the end, and I do assume that's it for Chuck.

I'm thinking Howard is going to set a land speed record getting to his bank to stop that check when he hears about Chuck.

I would imagine the suicide will ruin Howard in some way, and break him.

^It would seem that Jimmy wouldn't be able to get away with the Saul Goodman bit if Howard were still active in the Albuquerque legal community.

^It would seem that Jimmy wouldn't be able to get away with the Saul Goodman bit if Howard were still active in the Albuquerque legal community.

This was my thinking as well. We have seen more of the true Howard with each passing episode, and that Howard is testy and impulsive. My guess is he gets stressed in some way (maybe coming after Jimmy), and it causes his disbarment or something along those lines.

Definitely a good read. I feel like Jimmy's decent into Saul will be more heartbreaking than Walt's decent into Heisenberg.

Definitely agree Season 4 will be about Kim.

Definitely a good read. I feel like Jimmy's decent into Saul will be more heartbreaking than Walt's decent into Heisenberg.

Definitely agree Season 4 will be about Kim.

I don't know. Jimmy has always been Slippin Jimmy. He's just taking the next step toward being a bigger criminal. Walt went from a Nobel-worthy (winning?) chemist to a complete sociopath.

Jimmy has been portrayed as a scoundrel with a heart of gold who tries to do the right thing but comes up against obstacles often created by other people. Would Slippin' Jimmy need to reemerge without Chuck? I think that's a core question from the show.

Walt was portrayed as a guy who willingly broke bad and became an egomaniac.

Walt broke. Jimmy is being broken.

Last edited:
I still think the biggest question mark/hurdle is how Jimmy McGill sets up a law practice under a different name in the same town in which he's already rather infamous in the lawyer community

Oh definitely. No idea how they figure out this one. The show started over haggling over the McGill name. Now there's only one McGill.

I doubt he ever goes back to practicing law as Jimmy McGill though. That would mean the transition to Saul happens within the next several months. He was only a month or two into his year probation, right?

There's nothing illegal about changing your name, and I don't see being "infamous in the lawyer community" a problem considering his Breaking Bad practice doesn't really have an overlap with those people or the same audience that would be aware of his elder law work.

I still think the biggest question mark/hurdle is how Jimmy McGill sets up a law practice under a different name in the same town in which he's already rather infamous in the lawyer community

I'm not a lawyer but my wife is and this is the question I've been asking her just about every episode from the beginning.

some writer tweeted about Kim as Jesse Pinkman vs Jimmy's Walt. Interesting take.

That's possible if the accident puts Kim in "fuck it" mode. That may be what they've been teasing. They start running scams together and she gets killed or jailed or abandons him for Omaha.

That's possible if the accident puts Kim in "fuck it" mode. That may be what they've been teasing. They start running scams together and she gets killed or jailed or abandons him for Omaha.

also I think it was the person that keeps the "hero" as human as possible. Also said Skylar as Chuck

Back