• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

I liked the ep but not as the 4th to last ep ever. I do wonder if we actually go back to Saul time or it’s all Gene from here on out after he put that shirt and tie back on the rack.

"Better Call Saul" Season 6 returns tomorrow Monday, July 11

Internet detectives who know and care more about Husker football than I do figured out this episode was about 5 months after Walt’s death.

I thought it was fine. I’m not sure how much more story there is to tell anyway.

Last edited:
I’d guess that will be all we see of Gene. They wanted to add that chapter but didn’t want it to be the final episode

Well, we knew it was going to have to resolve itself at some point, but the abrupt right turn into Geneville was a bit tough. Still, a very worthwhile episode, plus we got to see what might have been the great Carol Burnett's last turn on TV.

Not sure what to make of the episode. And the reference to Jeff having fallen in with a bad crowd before has to still be relevant. Gene/Saul may have strongarmed him into silence, but Jeff has numbers, and the series (along with BB) has plenty of characters who have been underestimated in the past. Jeff could easily tip off another friend for a share of reward money.

And have we seen the last of Kim Wexler?

Yeah. Gene seemed real confident considering all they need to do is take him out.

I'm trying to figure out what to make of Gene turning back into the store-as if he wanted to rat out Jeff (but that makes no sense, as it would doom him too).

I think he went back to the store to bask in his triumph as signified by hanging up the Saul-esque shirt-tie combo.

I would imagine that the final 3 episodes focus on the evolution of Saul after Kim leaves, including more details about how he gets involved with Walter and Gus. I also don't think this ends with Gene living happily ever after.

"Better Call Saul" Season 6 returns tomorrow Monday, July 11

Well we need to find out how Saul went from a drawer full of matches to a drawer full of cell phones.

More importantly I had forgotten about this:

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/better-call-saul-how-nebraska-football-clarifies-the-gene-timeline/

“We don’t know precisely when “Nippy” leaves us off in the Gene Takovic timeline but we do know that we’re very close to an important upcoming event. In Better Call Saul season 4 episode 5 “Quite a Ride”, the show opens with the rare midseason flash forward. In it, Francesca helps Saul clean out their office and shred documents as everything figuratively comes crashing down. Before he leaves to become Gene Takovic, Saul asks Francesca to be at a nearby telephone booth at 3 p.m. on November 12, 2010.”

So that’s about 2 weeks after the events of this episode.

Last edited:
Supposedly the title of the next ep is…Breaking Bad, which is nice symmetry to the show BB since there was an ep called Better Call Saul.

So this has to be the ep with Walt and Jesse.

So Saul represents either Badger or Skinny Pete, they tell Jesse about him, and Jesse tells Walt.

I feel like they could have put that episode anywhere in the season, with so few episodes left it feels like a waste where it was positioned.

I feel like they could have put that episode anywhere in the season, with so few episodes left it feels like a waste where it was positioned.

unless it somehow lines up with whatever he plans to tell Francesca on the phone call...maybe some cache of money or something.

edit: I guess you're talking about this week's

Back