• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Yep. Mike did tell her Lalo was still alive. He also told her he had it under control.

He also brought Jimmy into the situation by having him help Lalo get out of jail to begin with and pulled his security on what turned out to be a decoy. I'm guessing the next episode is going to feature him doing similar work with Jimmy and Kim that he did with Jesse in Jane's apartment.

I watched the first episode of the Slippin' Jimmy animated show. Holy shamoley is it awful. I can't even tell if it's for kids or adults. Like, the plot was simple and characters silly like a children's show but... in the world of Breaking Bad? Don't ruin the good vibes from the great live show we're getting. Skip this.

We'll see. Only five episodes left and we know there are a lot of things coming up. Kim's story resolution. Walt and Jesse will be in this season in some form. Gene in Omaha. We may get more about Saul and Mike. We're also still about 4 years away from the events of Breaking Bad.

Excellent episode and resolution to Lalo's story and perhaps the whole cartel story. Nice call back to "It wasn't me. It was Ignacio." Unfortunately, my kid came and talked to me about video games for 15 minutes and I had to pause as Lalo held a gun to Gus' head. That broke the tension for me.

Enjoyed the episode, but there wasn't much tension. It was pretty obvious that Mike was going to intercept Kim at Fring's house. And we know that Lalo can't kill Gus... It was more of a question of how he was going to get out of it.

Lalo did have a good plan, though... And almost pulled it off. Was just enjoying himself a little too much at the laundry lab.

And we got our answer on why Odenkirk mentioned Patrick Fabian being on the floor all day for some reason after the midseason finale.

With 5 episodes left and ~4 years to go through, I wonder if we'll get a montage that takes us pretty much through those 4 years in just a few minutes. Or if they'll just fast forward a couple of years without much explanation. The Lalo/Nacho stuff is pretty much 100% resolved now.

There was an ad that briefly showed Saul in the closet of that mansion picking out one of the garish shirts he wears on BB. I think there will be some kind of flash forward/montage ep that puts things closer to the BB timeline when it gets to Saul at the height of his powers with billboards all over town and everything. I assume the last ep will be in the Gene timeline.

It was interesting to me that the YouTube TV preview photo was Lalo in the super lab construction site. Huge spoiler for some just watching the show.

It was interesting to me that the YouTube TV preview photo was Lalo in the super lab construction site. Huge spoiler for some just watching the show.

On Xfinity it was Mike in the room with Kim.

That's funny that each platform decided to spoil different parts of the show.

Howard was a prick lawyer for sure but man he got a fate he didn’t deserve. Imagine spending eternity being buried literally nose to nose with a psychopath under the floor of a super meth lab.

Sepinwall tweeted you should watch this ep asap or avoid the internets until you do

Well sir

Thought when Saul mentioned the public masturbator we’d be getting Badger since Saul thinks that’s what he was arrested for at first. Then I expected Walt to walk in the office since I heard someone coughing in the lobby.

Rhea Seehorn getting an Emmy nomination before that episode was like Childress getting his jersey retired before the ACC Tournament. Absolutely brilliant.

I didn't want or need the cartel/Gus related stuff in this episode, but it was very well done. I want to see a Gus prequel about how he got involved with the cartel, his relationship with Max, starting Los Pollos, getting in bed with Madrigal, his early rivalry with Hector, etc. This would need to have new actors, but the story could be very good.

Rhea Seehorn getting an Emmy nomination before that episode was like Childress getting his jersey retired before the ACC Tournament. Absolutely brilliant.

I didn't want or need the cartel/Gus related stuff in this episode, but it was very well done. I want to see a Gus prequel about how he got involved with the cartel, his relationship with Max, starting Los Pollos, getting in bed with Madrigal, his early rivalry with Hector, etc. This would need to have new actors, but the story could be very good.

Yeah and in the ep where Max does Eladio tells Gus the only reason he didn’t kill Gus instead is because he knows who Gus was in Chile…

Yeah, I want to learn about the Chile stuff too. Great episode today.

what was the big thing that was the spoiler risk?

to me there wasnt anything giant that had to avoid spoilers, bit of an overreaction by sepinwall IMO. Could have been the time jump though. but really nothing that would be that big of a deal that you had to be careful of social media

Back