• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

This show is so good. Amazing how they’ve been able to sustain the quality of Breaking Bad for all of these seasons of a prequel.

Amazing storytelling and pacing.

I think that last scene answered several questions of the show. I think that last part is what breaks up Kim and Jimmy. They're going to react completely different to that and break apart.

Last edited:
Well dadgum. So many questions over the last 6 eps but the biggest one is what kind of time jumps will we see? I think we’re like 4 years before BB at this point.

Well dadgum. So many questions over the last 6 eps but the biggest one is what kind of time jumps will we see? I think we’re like 4 years before BB at this point.

Well Bob Odenkirk spoiled some of this at the beginning of Talking Saul.

Not the main point of tonight, but I want to find out why Mike disliked Lydia so much in BB.

Amazing storytelling and pacing.

I think that last scene answered several questions of the show. I think that last part is what breaks up Kim and Jimmy. They're going to react completely different to that and break apart.

Might be the best case scenario for Kim.

Last edited:
Not the main point of tonight, but I want to find out why Mike disliked Lydia so much in BB.

Might be the best case scenario for Kim.

Yeah. I realized that was a very optimistic take away from that scene.

I don't remember much about Mike and Lydia in BB. Lydia is quite dislikable so I'm not sure how much needs to be explained.

Yeah. I realized that was a very optimistic take away from that scene.

I don't remember much about Mike and Lydia in BB. Lydia is quite dislikable so I'm not sure how much needs to be explained.

She hired a hit man to take out Mike, Chow, and Mike’s guys after Fring died. Mike figured it out and killed the hitman. He then tried to kill her at her home but didn’t. And he thought it was her bugging the barrel so they’d leave her alone. But they bugged Hank’s office and Found out it was the DEA.

Whatd he say?

It was a relatively minor slip, but I'm surprised they left it in. At the beginning, they were talking about the final scene and Patrick Fabian (Howard) was giving credit to everyone involved with the scene. Oderkirk said something like, "Don't forget your stunt double. He had to lay there for hours." Tonight's scene ends right after Howard dies. So that heavily implies the show picks up where this episode left off. It makes sense, but it leaves out the possibility of a long time skip and we fill in the gaps later. That goes against the usual pace of the show anyway.

I don't think the show will make it to right before we meet Saul in BB. They did promise that we'll see Walt and Jesse in some form or fashion, but it could just be a scene at the school.

She hired a hit man to take out Mike, Chow, and Mike’s guys after Fring died. Mike figured it out and killed the hitman. He then tried to kill her at her home but didn’t. And he thought it was her bugging the barrel so they’d leave her alone. But they bugged Hank’s office and Found out it was the DEA.

Thanks. I've forgotten so much about the show. I need to go back and rewatch it.

Yeah this first half of the season has been a very slow burn of both storylines to converge together. But there seems to be a lot of ground to cover still. Will be very interesting to see how they do it, not to mention how much Gene will we get?

Thanks, I thought I remember Mikes comments suggesting a longer history (something along the lines of "they (Jesse/Walter)don't know you like I (Mike) do". Maybe I am misremembering.

Thanks, I thought I remember Mikes comments suggesting a longer history (something along the lines of "they (Jesse/Walter)don't know you like I (Mike) do". Maybe I am misremembering.

He did say that. He instantly knew it was her who was trying to have him offed which didn’t seem to surprise him at all.

They already didn’t get along in BCS.

Last week when the vet shows his black book, they introduced the vacuum cleaner guy’s business card. I realize he has passed away but Kim could be his first act without having to show the process since the viewer knows how it all works. It is possible Gene sees her again in a fast forward as maybe she breaks code and goes home for something and we all know she is from Nebraska and Jimmy is hiding in Omaha.

Last week when the vet shows his black book, they introduced the vacuum cleaner guy’s business card. I realize he has passed away but Kim could be his first act without having to show the process since the viewer knows how it all works. It is possible Gene sees her again in a fast forward as maybe she breaks code and goes home for something and we all know she is from Nebraska and Jimmy is hiding in Omaha.

Yeah but I’m not sure if Jimmy had ever used him or not. He seemed a bit unsure when Walt wanted to do it at first.

It was a relatively minor slip, but I'm surprised they left it in. At the beginning, they were talking about the final scene and Patrick Fabian (Howard) was giving credit to everyone involved with the scene. Oderkirk said something like, "Don't forget your stunt double. He had to lay there for hours." Tonight's scene ends right after Howard dies. So that heavily implies the show picks up where this episode left off. It makes sense, but it leaves out the possibility of a long time skip and we fill in the gaps later. That goes against the usual pace of the show anyway.

I don't think the show will make it to right before we meet Saul in BB. They did promise that we'll see Walt and Jesse in some form or fashion, but it could just be a scene at the school.

Thanks. I've forgotten so much about the show. I need to go back and rewatch it.

I took that to mean that the final scene had a large number of takes. (I have no idea how many is realistic).

Odenkirk also tweeted this in December

Yeah but I’m not sure if Jimmy had ever used him or not. He seemed a bit unsure when Walt wanted to do it at first.

Maybe she does it without Jimmy even knowing. I'm curious to see how Gus defeats Lalo. With that being assumed, Saul still seems fearful of Lalo in Breaking Bad, so his ending can't be obvious.

I'm thinking Saul doesn't know the fate of Lalo but Gus/Mike will end him. Lalo knows about the lab now, if this were to get to Eladio Gus would be a goner. But obviously that doesn't happen since Gus is still seen as a good soldier until Bolsa and the cousins die in BB.

I took that to mean that the final scene had a large number of takes. (I have no idea how many is realistic).

I’m sure it had a lot of takes but the scene we saw doesn’t involve a dead Howard laying on the floor.

Back