• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Ah yes. Fair point.

I one time went to a taping of a HIMYM scene at a studio in LA and it took place on the "NYC street" with the members of the main cast just standing outside and talking to each other. That one minute scene probably took 3 hours to film and there was little involved. I'm sure the BCS crew does all kinds of innovative shots that take time to set-up.

I don't work in "the biz" but I have immediate family that does. Shots that are seconds on screen take hours to film.

So what do we think Lalo was there to do?

Saul doesn’t seem to have anything to do with his plan to expose the Super Lab. Doesn’t seem like a need to kill him unless Lalo knows about his slip of the tongue. Lalo was pretty brazen going to a truck stop with plenty of cameras to get a shower. He seems to think no one is looking for him.

So what do we think Lalo was there to do?

Saul doesn’t seem to have anything to do with his plan to expose the Super Lab. Doesn’t seem like a need to kill him unless Lalo knows about his slip of the tongue. Lalo was pretty brazen going to a truck stop with plenty of cameras to get a shower. He seems to think no one is looking for him.

I think he now knows that Mike and Saul are linked somehow, so I guess he's doing like he did in Germany and trying to extract info to give to Eladio.

Just finished last night's episode. Dang. I did not expect that.

Well that escalated quickly.

Up until now, it has all been kind of fun for Kim. Now it just got too real.

I assume all of Mike's guys were pulled off Saul/Kim's place so not sure how they get out of this one. As I recall, Saul completely denied that he represented Lalo, didn't sell him out, etc, so he's good in that regard. Mike went to Kim and not the other way around, so that's not on her. But refresh my memory here... Nacho selling out Lalo was between Nacho and Gus/Mike, right? I don't recall Saul/Kim being involved with that.

The most likely scenario is they don’t make it because Lalo kills Kim.

The most likely scenario is they don’t make it because Lalo kills Kim.

Yeah, thought about that. Maybe Saul's ultimate undoing is a visit to Kim's grave in Omaha.

Were there many references to Lalo in Breaking Bad? Any by Saul?

Yeah, thought about that. Maybe Saul's ultimate undoing is a visit to Kim's grave in Omaha.

Were there many references to Lalo in Breaking Bad? Any by Saul?

Saul mentioned Nacho and Lalo when Walt and Jesse took him out to the desert. That’s it. They built two great characters out of a throwaway line.

Saul mentioned Nacho and Lalo when Walt and Jesse took him out to the desert. That’s it. They built two great characters out of a throwaway line.

like how Rogue One was built on a sentence or two from the opening crawl to ANH

Didn't Mike tell Kim in the diner that Lalo was still alive, and then she chose not to tell Saul? I'm not sure how much good it would have done, but still seems doubly odd that she didn't take more precautions and in fact removed the flimsy chair from under the door knob. I don't think that sort of thing is going to sit well with her mentally.

There are a million ways they could get Kim killed or thrown in jail given that she's hanging out with a conman who inherently only cares about himself. It's kind of a red flag.

Last edited:
Yep. Mike did tell her Lalo was still alive. He also told her he had it under control.

It's worth talking about how this show has managed to deliver despite having a pretty good idea of the fates of several main characters. We knew Chuck wouldn't make it, yet his demise and death were brilliant. We knew Hector would end up paralyzed in a wheelchair and that plot delivered. We knew Nacho wouldn't make it and despite not being around as much as promised, that delivered. We weren't exactly sure what Howard would be doing during BB but that delivered. Now we have to see what happens to Lalo and Kim.

I'd put Nacho in the ambiguous camp as well because of the line Saul says in BB, indicating he is perhaps alive in that universe. Of course, now we know that's not true. The line also implies Lalo could be alive in BB but given where he's at and what he knows now in BCS doesn't seem like he'd just let Gus go about his business for the next few years. Plus, when Gus takes out the cartel in BB he tells Hector that the Salamanca name dies with him.

"Better Call Saul" Season 6 mid-season finale (spoilers, returns July 11)

I think Nacho became ambiguous when we saw the fake Canadian passports. But it seemed to be clear from the beginning that he was dead in BB but Saul didn’t know because we saw Tuco and Krazy-8 and others from BB in that Albuquerque cartel but not Nacho.

Last edited:
Back