• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Saw in one of the reviews I read that Lalo is so terrifying in part because of his cheery nature which is something not really seen by any other villains in this universe

None of the lead cartel members are “typical gangsters.”

Lalo is cheery. Gus is meticulous. Nacho is sullen.

The estimated timeline says it is June 2004 which is still four years before BB started.

Well there’s only one episode and one season left.

Well there’s only one episode and one season left.

yeah I know which is going to be interesting to see how and what they do to connect the shows. will there be a time jump? last season's finale jumped nearly a year while Jimmy lived out his suspension. how much of Gene will we see next season?

I was stunned when the preview for next week said "season finale". This season flew by.

Completely agree on Rhea Seehorn getting an Emmy. She crushed it this year.

Feels like Nacho's story arc in the final season is going to start in Mexico and cover his attempt(s) to escape.

Taking the interstate from Albuquerque to El Paso is 4 hours so some random desert well near the border has to be at least 5 or 6. That's a lot of driving and I don't want to know how much walking.

And yes, Rhea Seehorn deserves an Emmy. She's been fantastic this season.

This season has done an excellent job building tension around three characters with unknown fates, four if you count Nacho's dad.

So many BB callbacks or allusions in this episode:

1. We have to assume Gus learned a little something about assassination attempts south of the border, considering his move against Bolsa in BB went perfectly.
2. The Lalo close-out of the episode reminded me of the Hank close-out of S5 of BB.
3. Kim's hotel room "Is she serious or not" plan for taking down Howard sure did remind me of Skylar telling Walt in not so many words to kill Jesse in a similarly chic hotel room.
4. As did Kim's justification for her plan against Howard as a means to the pro bono end - there's a little "I'm doing this for my family" Heisenberg in there.

Can't wait to see how it all ends, though it feels like we're going to have to wait forever for the final season thanks to the COVID shutdown and the writers' usual diligent pace.

"Better Call Saul" Season 5 premieres Feb 23

Don’t know how they’re going to wrap up this story in one season.

Good news about timing is that the writers are meeting remotely. They were starting to meet in person when the stay at home order started.

Last edited:
Also saw that Vince Gilligan has been spending a lot of time in the writers room for S6 so that will be good.

2 things to note from the last 2 eps: last week Victor said he would take care of clearing up the desert scene but he didn't get Saul's car cleared out. and Gus or someone took care of hiring the assassins last night. both jobs were botched and seem tailor made for Mike (or at least the Mike of BB). Victor's sloppiness later got him boxcutter'd.

Also saw that Vince Gilligan has been spending a lot of time in the writers room for S6 so that will be good.

2 things to note from the last 2 eps: last week Victor said he would take care of clearing up the desert scene but he didn't get Saul's car cleared out. and Gus or someone took care of hiring the assassins last night. both jobs were botched and seem tailor made for Mike (or at least the Mike of BB). Victor's sloppiness later got him boxcutter'd.

I think it was too risky to send Mike and Gus had to use locals. Poor Nacho, he is fucked. His best bet would be calling Mr Hoover for a one way trip to Alaska.

I think it was too risky to send Mike and Gus had to use locals. Poor Nacho, he is fucked. His best bet would be calling Mr Hoover for a one way trip to Alaska.

not to send Mike, but seems like Mike is a better judge of that kind of talent

At the time in BB, that seemed like an overreaction. I guess in BCS, we're seeing that his sloppiness was building up to this. All this is also showing why Gus needs Mike and why he does trust other people to do the job for him.

So in 13 episodes, we're going to get a resolution to Lalo vs. Gus vs. Nacho. We're going to start and finish Jimmy/Kim vs. Howard. We're presumably going to find out what happens to Kim long term. We're going to get some resolution to Gene in Omaha and the guy who recognized him.

Season 6 trailer. Premieres April 18.

The official account tweeted out a major spoiler last night. But you figure if they’re willing to share that, a whole lotta crazy shit will happen.

Yeah. That’s major.

I was hoping to avoid that spoiler but started up Twitter and right there it was, no avoiding it.

It was good to catch up with the Kettlemans in that video, especially the Mrs.

Definitely enjoyed the Mrs. I never remember her name (Julie Ann Emery). I first saw her in Line of Fire, a show nobody else watched, but I remembered her. I have gotten her confused with Constance Zimmer as well.

Back