• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

Who is Kim Wexler?

From the wiki

After attaining admission to the bar, Kim quickly became one of HHM's top lawyers, and her success inspired Jimmy to secretly attend a distance learning law school and become an attorney. With Kim's encouragement, Jimmy started a solo practice after HHM decided against hiring him as an associate. During the period leading up to the events of Better Call Saul, Kim and Jimmy are shown to have developed a close personal relationship, which eventually turns romantic.[5]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Wexler

How is this not an Indy or GF role?

I wanna kill Jman, Duff, and Gooner.

***Duff***

Fuck I'm good.

What's bad about it is that you had the opportunity to claim your role, but instead you just posted your name. We're so fucking hemmed in by the rules that claiming is an amazing opportunity to clear up the game for civs - and instead of doing that, you created a giant fucking question mark.

I went hard at Duff.

it was a bloody night. The house of PH = Chuck McGill (Civ) was found burned to the ground with him in it. Foul play is suspected

PH = Chuck McGill (Civ - Indy searcher) - You are a renowned attorney and you are not shy about letting people know it. Once during each day, you must post a pompous post boasting about your greatness. You win with the town. (rest of role redacted)

Also, up in Wheeling, WV. A man who had just arrived in town named Deon Thompson (Tejas - civ), an auto parts salesman, was gunned down in a NAPA parking lot. It turns out his real name was Huell Babineaux.

Tejas = Huell Babineaux - Big and lovable, you are a civilian. If given the chance, you would look out for your employer or do an odd job for him.

Ph dying like this and his role being mod janitored are so fucking anti-town. Just complete bullshit. Like, Ph probably knows the answer to the question, "is there more than one Indy"? But was absolutely forbidden to share that knowledge.

I lean that GAT is right. There's probably another Indy, otherwise Ph and Duff's roles wouldn't still be redacted - like when the Backup Cop died, the full Cop's role was revealed.

That's some angle-shooty bullshit and I'm angry that it even has to be done.

It changes my analysis zero.

Gooner, you're basically the only other player here I trust to come at the game with a straight up read. What's on your mind?

Post #2113

I'm caught up with the game, your list is just like last time - you've got logic for your reads, but some of them are wrong conclusions.

First off, I agree with you on Numbers (clear), D14(mafia), Townie (civ) and Jman(mafia). For exactly the same reasons that you state. I also agree that JTP is floating, which isn't alignment determinant. However, Tim should be in this category as well, instead of a mafia lean.

However, your civ leans are wrong:
Gooner's logic is wrong because you use effort as the metric to distinguish him as a civ - Gooner puts 100% into every game he plays, regardless of alignment. It's his best quality. I agree that his voting record is strong, but he's a busser and I could absolutely see him bussing either one of bym and DV7. My read of Gooner is always tone, because that's where his game struggles, and I have him as off. I'm still a bit fency about when he should be run though.

Duff's logic is wrong because the way he claimed was soft as shit. He should be a mafia lean.

Tejas should be a civ lean. Dude started out weak, but has really poured on lately. The gift receipt is just not a mafia play.

DaDeacs is fucking unreadable, but I lean civ on him right now. He's present and putting in effort.

And now he's <checks notes> "the only other player here I trust to come at the game with a straight up read"?

If I’m right then we are 2-2-1-1 which means the civs are pretty much done. In any event we have a 66% chance to hit a special tonight

Think my math is good. 2 civs left, 4 non civs . 4 in 6 are bad

1) you said "special" which is a player with a power not someone anti-town
2) you said "tonight" which implies a night kill and not a lynch

it was a bloody night. The house of PH = Chuck McGill (Civ) was found burned to the ground with him in it. Foul play is suspected

PH = Chuck McGill (Civ - Indy searcher) - You are a renowned attorney and you are not shy about letting people know it. Once during each day, you must post a pompous post boasting about your greatness. You win with the town. (rest of role redacted)

Also, up in Wheeling, WV. A man who had just arrived in town named Deon Thompson (Tejas - civ), an auto parts salesman, was gunned down in a NAPA parking lot. It turns out his real name was Huell Babineaux.

Tejas = Huell Babineaux - Big and lovable, you are a civilian. If given the chance, you would look out for your employer or do an odd job for him.

Well, upon further review, here was certainly one of the people who used Da.

Was it Tejas that said he received a gift? And didn't Townie say he also gave gifts to SD3 and someone else? But SD3 didn't have similar language in his death post. Hold please.

Since I’m probably the clearest civ at this point and next to go I’ll go ahead and reveal a few things. I’m Gomez, the backup cop and other Juice mason. Everything Juice said was true, including completely lucking into finding me first.

Our investigations went (forgive me if I mess up anything I’m on my phone)

Numbers
Mako
SD3
Gouda
Tejas (not mafia) The night juice died
Then I investigated tim and da who both came back not mafia
Then last night I figured I’d confirm the toogs thing, he’s maf

I also gave out some gifts that I earned by apparent rng but tejas and SD3 somehow couldn’t figure out how to use them.

Figure it’s best to get info out rather than die with it.

So yeah, here it was. I assumed Tejas meant a gun when he said he got a gift. Which i thought was confirmed by Jman's role as a gunsmith.

But here Townie says that he got them by RNG and not buying them from Da. Not sure what to make of that.

If I’m right then we are 2-2-1-1 which means the civs are pretty much done. In any event we have a 66% chance to hit a special tonight

We are not done. Lynch someone dirty. Maf cross-hits or hits the Indy. Indy has no hit or hits maf.

There's a clear path to 2-1-1 or even 2-1.

All this took place from 2250 to 2260

I guess I’m allowed to claim now. I’m a one off gunsmith. I had to earn my power by voting for mafia, which I did the Gouda round.

Did you give it to Tejas?

Wait...what the fuck - voting for mafia? So you were basically a cop that got a gun if you were right? That doesn't make any sense.

Thats the only claim and remind me REALLY quick what night that was? Was that the night Jman claimed RB or the night after? I think it was the night after he claimed RB so checks out.

I am civ and can do odd jobs if given opportunity. I also got a gift last night I am planning on using

Jman claims gunsmith. Says he earned his power. He never says he used it.

Tejas virtually simultaneously says he got a gift.

When i read it now in the context of Tejas' death post it seems like Jman got the power to make the gun but never did. And Tejas was refering to Townie's gift which was almost certainly the ID.

So what the fuck does the ID do if it doesn't protect you from getting hit?

Does anyone remember Numbers saying he got a gift?

I will vote for Jman, Duff, D14, or Ph this round. After reading more, I'm not ready to lynch Gooner.

I'm on Duff because I do not like his claim and I don't like how the day he claimed played out.

#2118. Five posts after the one you're trying to twist.

I've been reading Gooner special for like fucking ever, I just didn't want to say it outright. I agree with your read.

Also, real talk - this should be a huge point of evidence against me being mafia. If you look back, I've put "heat' on Gooner consistently. I've had him as a special read and it shows, but he's not dead. If I'm mafia, Gooner is ice'd without me saying a word.

Post 2157.

GAT, are you that mad that I called you off Numbers?

And wtf does Tejas mean by odd jobs? I see the write up in his death posts.

Wait. Someone with show knowledge - who did Huell work for?

#2118. Five posts after the one you're trying to twist.

Post 2157.

GAT, are you that mad that I called you off Numbers?

No because i was wrong. I just remembered you being anti-gooner - i wasn't trying to twist anything. I was pissed you came at me but i'm past that because im unlocking this shit.

The IDs are Indy related and im pretty sure Numbers didn't have one unless someone can find a post where Numbers says he got a gift.

Back