• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Huell_Babineaux

Tejas real character was Huell Babineaux. Huell was Saul's BG until townie gave him the ID. Then he became Deon Thompson. I can't find shit on Deon Thompson though.

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Mrs._Nguyen

Nguyen owns the shop where Saul had his office. The failed hit that night was whoever the fuck Nguyen was turned into. Or maybe it wasn't a failed hit at all and Nguyen was the original SD3 character before he used the ID townie gave him to become Rick Schweikhart? The writeup is totally different which doesn't sense.

So what's the purpose of the ID? This doesn't make sense.

Read 1944 through 1947. What the fuck is that?

I feel like Im swinging back to Numbers as the possible Indy but want to get away from the thread for a bit.

Im going to eat some cookies and watch some Rick and Morty.

finally, the game has slowed to my speed.

As of 2524

gat (2) - numbers, knight

YTV - everyone else

*Edited b/c somehow I missed knight's vote.

Last edited:
After this Numbers posted a Schitts Creek gif which reads kind of like "Innnnnteresting"

That interaction all took place the day after the Rommy cluster which turned into the BYM lynch. That was the overnight with the SD3 hit and Nguyen reveal.

As i read it, knowing Tejas was Indy-aligned at one point (Huell) but got an ID, its odd af that out of all the people in the game he pinged Numbers. This was long before Townie announced his gifts (#2300-something). So why Numbers?

Its really clearing in a WIFOM-y kind of way for Numbers to mention "getting visited in the night" in the thread. But 1) he's already a "cleared civ" and 2) if he used a fake ID what would anyone return investigating him?

have any of the other 5 left claimed anything?

Knight claimed civ on D1.

You claimed civ vig the day after Doofus was killed.

None of the rest of us have had the opportunity to claim i think. Although I vaguely remember a Tim soft claim which it should not be hard to find.

Im in a meeting until 930 but here are my thoughts.

Numbers

Why Numbers could be dirty:
I've spent the last few pages outlining my case against Numbers as maf1 GF and then as Indy. On thing i did not yet mention but which stuck out at the time and which i asked him about was his odd post saying "I’m still the role juice said I was." (post 898). It was really weird at the time and makes more sense in the context of him being Indy. If Juice investigates him as Saul he will come back civ (otherwise why have an indy-hunter too), but at some point after that he uses a fake ID to change into another role. think both are plausible still. The JTP post Knight quoted gives me pause on the maf1 GF option though.

Why Numbers could be clean:

1) The cop cleared him. 2) WIFOM but is Numbers the type to put something as shady as he did in the thread during the interaction with Tejas? 3) His end of day yesterday reads a bit "righteous indignation"

Overall:
Where i net out on this at the moment is the same place i came out in the game a few weeks ago where we lynched Eagles in the endgame to win: there's just too much to explain away for Numbers to be clean. At this point he's my likely vote.

Boston

Why Boston could be dirty:
1) He's floated all game. Not a ton of substantive interactions. 2) His night last night was, charitably, pretty bad. He was here but made no attempt to help. He talked about night hits and specials. 3) His Indy read before Duff flipped suggests more experience than I think he has with mafia and his explanation is more technical than i would expect from someone with his experience. It sounded coached. 4) He claimed vig but we know that Maf2 had a vig thanks to Mako's farewell and it could have been that, a mirror power on Maf1, or an Indy vig. 5) I had stated pretty clearly in the thread that i thought Doofus read 100% clear given his near-rommy implosion. Bostons explanation that the hit on Doofus was justified wasn't worth fighting at the time but it wasn't as clearing as it could have been. That Toogs "clears" him using it in post 1892 is interesting and could be possible maf2 connection. 6) I don't recall Boston claiming 1-shot but if both mafs thought Boston was really a cleared civ with potentially more vig hits would he still be alive?

Why Boston could be civ:
1) He has voted for both of the meaningful mafia lynches (though he was early on both and that could be read as his votes were stuck there as the round progressed). 2) His game resembles the game he played when he was civ in the Nintendo game. I haven't played enough with him to know if its civBoston or just Boston all the time regardless of alignment.

Overall:
Enough here to want to push the lynch but not my first choice.
Knight

Why Knight could be dirty:
1) Im immediately suspicious of people who slobber my knob like Knight did when i posted my first list. 2) Knights votes have been nowhere near maf. On the day dv7 went i think Knight missed the vote. On the day BYM went, Knight was voting Ph (both before and after the Rommy fiasco). 3) Knight is also 100000% percent the type to spike the football on the 5-yard line like he did last night when he thinks he's won as maf. 4) Knight's masturbatory self-iso last night cherry picked one of his reads to make them sound better. He's flung poo when he's been around (see gooner is dirty no wait gooner is someone i trust, above). Some of it is bound to stick.

Why Knight could be civ:
1) Its unlike dirty Knight to be so low-key all game long though maybe the work explains it. 2) Knight gets partial credit for at least being here in the end game and debating stuff.

Overall:
Tonally Knight feels civ this game right up until last night. There's very little specific that i can point to with Knight as obviously "bad". Im stuck with basically that i don't trust him and the spike of the football last night probably magnifies that for me.

Gooner

Why gooner could be dirty:
His oddly confident post about Duff after the Wexler reveal looks bad now that Duff has flipped Indy-aligned.

Why gooner could be civ:
1) gooner is likely not in either mafia. He's had key votes on a players from both mafia with dv7 and bym. Given dv7's goon role and when that happened in the game he's the more likely bus. So some chance he's maf1. But we know there is at least a GF left on the maf side and there is really no reason to bus a goon teammate if you're going to read civ to the cop. 2) If he's anything, he's the Indy based on the Duff interaction

Overall:
Do not think Goon is maf. Could be the Indy but I read that as less likely than Numbers being the Indy.

Tim

Why Tim could be dirty:
1) Has been really quiet all game not adding much of any real value. 2) His voting record on mafia has been awful. Nowhere near either meaningful lynch. He missed the vote on the day D14 (maf1) got run up and claimed and he was on the train the next day after D14's claim busted.

Why Tim could be civ:
For Tim to be dirty he would have to be either the Indy or the GF (townie invest was clear and i think all of the investigation corruption mechanics we know about were gone at that point). My Indy power rankings have Numbers at the top and Gooner second so i can't justify Tim for that role.

Overall:
I can't really justify lynching Tim here in any way. Given that GF is the only option for maf and my view on who could be Indy, he's low-odds to me.

pulled some Duff quotes, all of which were after he came out as Kim, meaning I assume he was found by Saul after this point.

If Im in your bottom five then you must not believe my claim. If that is the case then you should be all over me and voting for me after the end of the last round then. So not sure why that isn't the case or you just arent paying much attention.

Which, like GaT makes your reads pretty useless.

This was to Knight. Basically saying he should be voting him out and Knight has him in his bottom 5. Knight not Indy.

so knight and toogs maf teammates, cool I dont disagree.

Just furthering the knight is not Saul thought.

You agree then that you should 100% die tonight at the hands of mafia according to all we know right?

To Numbers. I thought he could be numbers but doubt Kim would come after saul like this, even for distancing.

You and I are in a similar boat. I dont think either of us should be the play here, but at the same time whatever factions at night should be looking to get us out at some point.

again to numbers, again not seemingly aligned with him

I've seen you in a bad light all game. Given where we stand I dont think numbers or tim is the play. But everyone else is fair game in my book.

this was to me. with other duff posts @ me and me being the lead person saying there is another Indy, pretty much clears from being Indy.

So out of the 6 we have left, Me, Knight, Numbers I don't think would be Indy. Leaving Tim, Goon, and Gat as possibles. GaT he mentions in the top post saying his reads are useless and one other where he says GaT looks cleaner because of his bad lists. Tim he only mentions in the last post to say he shouldn't be the play. Goon on the other hand was discussed by Duff pretty frequently before his Kim reveal and I don't believe mentioned once after.

There is not much to go on with Tim and if he was Saul in a Better Call Saul game and had such few posts with no depth then whatever. That would leave Goon and GAT and i'd be okay with either, one is Indy one is Mafia IMO or if GAT is civ we are going to lose anyway based on his list above.

I am voting ***GOON*** due to the pre/post Kim reveal interactions.

As of 2533

gat (2) - numbers, knight
Gooner (2) - gat, Boston

YTV - gooner, tim

Last edited:
Feel the same way I did last round before Townie’s investigation reveal. Nothing redeeming about Knight this game, could easily be either mafia, and he’s really skated the last few rounds due to either cop investigations or cleaning up fake claims.

Knight, given your posts last night, read Boston's post and spot the lie. 100% certainty Boston is bad.

Feel the same way I did last round before Townie’s investigation reveal. Nothing redeeming about Knight this game, could easily be either mafia, and he’s really skated the last few rounds due to either cop investigations or cleaning up fake claims.

Holy shit, man. Nothing redeeming about Knight this game? Did you miss the last two pages of GAT and I? I expect more than this from you.

Knight, given your posts last night, read Boston's post and spot the lie. 100% certainty Boston is bad.

I don't see it other than the dickstep "let's kill them at night" thing.

Basic math also points towards Knight. Through either votes, interactions with mafia, or game mechanics, everyone but Knight is at the very least eliminated from one of the mafias, if not both. I get that Knight probably was telling the truth about being busy earlier in the game, but he still has had plenty of time to have at least one thing that eliminates him from a mafia team. He doesn't.

Back