• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Player: Zo or AC

Better Player: Zo or AC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Phonz' pick 6 against the terps cemented us as a legitimate program. We were about to lose to the terps to fall to 1-3, and everyone would have called our ACC championship a fluke.

Something to be said when you have a player who can literally change a game with one play. Both guys had that ability, Phonz just let you know it...before, during, and after. I voted Phonz...

I think people tend to forget how good AC was. I mean, you remember all of Phonz's plays because corner is a big play position (and I love Phonz) but Curry was a machine, he was everywhere and he was far and away the most dominant player to put on the old gold and black. While he hasn't faired well in the NFL (considering his pick) no one doubted or second guessed the seahawks for picking him at #4 in the draft.
Remember when we'd have our opponent with a 3rd and 4 and you expected to make the stop? That was because of Curry.

And Boo. Boo was awesome vs Clemson in the Thursday night game.

Tackle on the play by Boo Robinson!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They both had so many great plays, but when I think of one play for each, Phonz is easy with the interception return against Maryland. Curry's is less obvious, but very memorable for me. Regular season game against Navy and as usual we're having a very difficult time defending their option offense UNTIL Curry obliterates their all everything QB ( Dobbs?) with an absolutely devastating hit. Knocks him out of the game - we dominate the rest of the game and go on to win.

Very difficult to choose. , but if I was forced to, I'd choose Phonz by a whisker for his incredible play making, game changing ability.

The posters of OGBoards have spoken!

alphonso-smith.jpg

OK all voters - I know this poll was who was better as a WF star but what makes this fun is that this Sunday at 4 EST these 2 guys go head to head as the Lions battle the Raiduhs! Here's hoping both guys play significant roles Sunday but ultimately the Raiduhs come out on top

It was fun watching both of them today, but honestly, though both had big impact plays, even as a lions fan, my vote goes to AC today. He was quick to the ball, wrapped up well, and took advantage of his time on the field. There were a couple big plays Phons let up today.

Back