• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Player: Zo or AC

Better Player: Zo or AC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about the play from the very same game under somewhat similar circumstances that sealed the game? Our defensive backs were out of position, Phonz read it and sprinted out of nowhere to pick off the pass and end the game. Riley looked like he was going to be wide-open.

Great play that's lessened by the fact that the ball was badly underthrown and floated.

Edit per Nonny's request:

Looking for one of Curry's.

Last edited:
The best player either one of them made was the 100 yard INT return.

AC had an INT in the ACCCG, which is pretty significant. Although it wasn't as awesome as Swanson's INT against Calvin Johnson, which was pretty high on the degree of difficulty*

*Partial thanks also go to Reggie Ball

Curry's stats were undeniable, but Alphonso was a game changer. Blocked punts, pick 6's, big hits.

I don't think it's fair to compare the two. Curry was a workhorse and the cornerstone of that defense. Phonz had big time play capabilities and big time swagger.

Great play that's lessened by the fact that the ball was badly underthrown and floated.

Edit per Nonny's request:

Looking for one of Curry's.

As NoVa can attest, that is probably one of my favorite plays in Wake history. After we kicked our FG, I told a friend that Zo would pick the ball off on 3rd down. He calls bullshit and we make a bet. $1 but I get 50-1 odds.

When Lewis rolls to the right and we see Riley wide open, I knew there was a chance. Seeing him just leap and come out of nowhere was amazing. Everyone in the stadium was going crazy, except for our friend who just sat down in shock. Good times.

Curry's stats were undeniable, but Alphonso was a game changer. Blocked punts, pick 6's, big hits.

I don't think it's fair to compare the two. Curry was a workhorse and the cornerstone of that defense. Phonz had big time play capabilities and big time swagger.

This. I would go phonz because of Special Teams.

This. I would go phonz because of Special Teams.

See this is what I don't get. Curry was a cornerstone of Special Teams for 4 years. I don't think this guy forgets what Curry did on Special Teams.

See this is what I don't get. Curry was a cornerstone of Special Teams for 4 years. I don't think this guy forgets what Curry did on Special Teams.

Maybe big play potential on special teams is more accurate.

This argument is pretty stupid if you ask me.

Phonso's junior and senior years were unreal. Quarterbacks either didn't throw to his side, or they threw interceptions. It was that simple.

AC was better but ZO is my favorite to pull for

Phonz eliminated half the field for opposing teams passing games. He also brought the swagger to that defense.

AC. But not by much. Curry was one of the most dominant defensive players I've ever seen in college football his last two years. Anyone remember the UVA game his senior year? He dominated them....dehydrated and with a separated shoulder. Was sick when we played navy in the bowl game and he obliterated that triple option.

Smitty is right there behind him though. IMO he was the best corner in the land his senior year...I don't know how he didn't win the Jim Thorp award. If he had put up the stats like he did his junior and senior seasons at a school like Bama or LSU....he would've been a Heisman candidate. Not saying he would've won... But just saying

smith.jpg

Back