• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Beware! Major DC law firm hacked- Spam/phishing emails with their address

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I got an email this morning saying "Notice To Appear"as the subject. It appeared to be coming from the Jones Day Law firm in DC. They have offices around the world. It is a known firm.

There is an attachment.

I called them. They got hacked and are being swamped by calls from all over the world. They apologized profusely.

What a nightmare for them.

I though some of you might get this email.

Lol @ "notice to appear" by email. Wonder if this will rake in more idiots than the Nigerian scam.

The receptionist said he was getting 100s of calls.

I received email notice from the Official Main Bank of London that I had won £1,000,000 in the Super Mega Power Lottery of the UK. I called Buckingham Palace but they had no record of my winnings. Fucking pillocks.

this is how i get my news. too bad i am so important that i get those notices from law firms worldwide everyday. i opened the email and attachment on my old laptop though so i am good.

Whatever the term is.

About a month ago, I got a notice from the USPTO that looked a lot like this one.

I get several of these per week from amazon, Bank of America, Citibank, and others. Just ignore them.

No need to worry, I have the firm of Dewey, Cheatem & Howe for representation...

Lol! Read this thread, checked my email, and I too have been called to appear. See you there RJ!

One was sent to my old AOL account. Gmail didn't fetch it, saying it contained a Trojan.

I think you are past needing Trojans.

Have you taken that one from 1970 out of your wallet?

I want to thank the person who emailed me to look at this:

Eat a dick, hackers!

Liquid Karma's Avatar Join Date
Mar 2011

I hope you opened the attachment."

LK HOPES I opened the attachment that would destroy my computer.

LK HOPES I'd open the attachment that would cost hundreds of hours to reconstruct years of business contacts.

LK HOPES I opened the attachment that would take away years of family photos.

LK HOPES I would open the attachment that would lose all writing I am doing.

LK HOPES I'd open the attachment that would turn my world upside down.

The level of hate LK constantly and consistently shows is direct mirror into his character. There was absolutely no provocation by me. But he couldn't help himself in wishing that so many bad things would happen to me.

He is a piece of shit. He has said and done other things like this in the past.

Of course some of will go Gumby to give him excuses. The reality is you should see him for who he is.

Last edited:
It was just a joke RJ.

However, you really should back up all of that stuff somewhere/somehow asap. Either on the "cloud" or just by getting an external HD and copying all the important stuff to that.

If you are too stupid to have all that data that clearly means so much in your life backed up, then you should definitely open the attachment. It would teach you a valuable lesson.

Back