• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bias Reporting System at Wake?

doesn't really pass the bullshit test, IMO. The party organizers might see it like that, but anyone who's been to college knows that almost every single participant just sees it as "dress ghetto"

Definitely agree. I just don't see how "dressing ghetto" is a bad thing. Unless we are condemning "dressing ghetto", which opens up an entirely different discourse.

lol that we're going to claim "rap video party" =/= dress ghetto/like a black person. stupid rich white kids be stupid rich white kids

That's not what anyone's claiming. The claim is that no one has ever called it "dress like a black person" party.

here's a rendering of the very first Rap Video Party

images

Thanks. I now have a mouthful of coffee all over my keyboard.

That's not what anyone's claiming. The claim is that no one has ever called it "dress like a black person" party.

Maybe not officially, but I'm sure it's been said.

i'm pretty sure no one called it the 'rap video party' when i was at wake

This was definitely held every year, referred to as rap video party, and held downtown. This was at least how it was early/mid 2000's

I'm glad i graduated before all this racist shit started at Wake.

i'm pretty sure no one called it the 'rap video party' when i was at wake

That's what the party is called and has always been called. Maybe some toolbags called it "dress like a black person party" for giggles, but it is has always been the rap video party.

Totes gonna wear this hat to the party next year.

morning_picdump_633_640_35.jpg

Red band trailer is probably NSFW due to language

Last edited:
Back