• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden’s border fiasco

I am actually pretty fascinated with the Reff's postings in the tunnels. He is an educated, seemingly financially successful, grown up human, American with access to the entirety of human knowledge at his fingertips yet he still feels the need to swing by the Tunnels after a big, come-from behind, homecoming victory to tell us that massively increased illegal immigrant encounter rates equates to an open border and that vaccines are not shots. That is fascinating.
Eh I have some friends who are the same way. They essentially bathe in the feeling of confidence and superiority that the right supplies via their outrage machine of emails and social feeds. Just watch any of their news coverage if you can stomach it, mostly just snark and condescension. Everything gets painted with a 100% black or white brush, there's no pesky measured takes or complicated positions to consider. They're incredibly careful to ridicule any and all intellectual takes on any subject.

In my experience it takes almost no effort to absolutely torch roughly 80% of their absurd versions of current events, so it's echo chamber or it's something like this message board where they can just vomit out some trash opinions to get that outrage high then ignore 90% of the answers. So you rarely get the nonsense in person unless they think everyone in the room is a righty.

but it feels like they're making things worse
I see it with my own eyes (on tv). They play the same images over and over. Those wanna be illegal aliens even wear the same uniforms to blend in and trick us. But we know better! Those videos are all different right?

these are basically dirty diaper threads

bless your heart, thereff

Eh I have some friends who are the same way. They essentially bathe in the feeling of confidence and superiority that the right supplies via their outrage machine of emails and social feeds. Just watch any of their news coverage if you can stomach it, mostly just snark and condescension. Everything gets painted with a 100% black or white brush, there's no pesky measured takes or complicated positions to consider. They're incredibly careful to ridicule any and all intellectual takes on any subject.

In my experience it takes almost no effort to absolutely torch roughly 80% of their absurd versions of current events, so it's echo chamber or it's something like this message board where they can just vomit out some trash opinions to get that outrage high then ignore 90% of the answers. So you rarely get the nonsense in person unless they think everyone in the room is a righty.
I don't want to subject my self to any of that "News" coverage or give them my clicks in anyway. But I am cool with the Reff posting it here so I get a little insight into how all these people think. I am not saying there is any value in arguing with that mindset, just give me little insight on what rationality and logic are up against in 2024.

I want to play golf with DCDeac. I would enjoy his company

I'm with birdman in that I kind of enjoy reading TheReff's post because its kind of nice to get a cliff notes version of whatever the outrage machine on the right is churning out on a particular day. I'm sure as hell not going to watch or listen to any of that shit, but I'll take 20 seconds to read a Reff post and think to myself, "yep, he's still a complete and total dumbass for posting that". I say keep posting Reff and we will sure as hell keep calling you a stupid ass clown.

If a Republican were president: Look at all of these terror arrests we made! It's a very scary world out there! Be afraid! Vote Republican to KEEP YOU SAFE!
If 9/11 happened today, during the Biden administration, how long do you think it would take for the Fox News echo chamber machine to start blaming sleepy Joe and liberal policies for the attack? I question whether there would have ever been a moment of unification once the initial scare passed.

If 9/11 happened today, during the Biden administration, how long do you think it would take for the Fox News echo chamber machine to start blaming sleepy Joe and liberal policies for the attack? I question whether there would have ever been a moment of unification once the initial scare passed.

If 9/11 happened under Gore, the same thing would happen on the conservative media that existed back then.

If a 9/11 style plot was underway today, but Biden's FBI managed to stop the plot and catch the 20 perpetrators before they boarded the planes, conservatives would be tweeting and ranting on Fox and OAN about what a failure Biden's anti-terrorism team are and how open the border is, etc., etc...

It didn't take long for the media to Blame Bush for 9/11 once news came out that briefings stated that Bin Laden was determined to attack the US.

Netanyahu is getting plenty of blame for intelligence breakdowns in Israel too.

It didn't take long for the media to Blame Bush for 9/11 once news came out that briefings stated that Bin Laden was determined to attack the US.

Netanyahu is getting plenty of blame for intelligence breakdowns in Israel too.
I was a kid, but I don't remember Democrats blaming Bush for 9/11 or attempting to use it against him in his bid for re-election. I suppose they would have if they thought it would be effective, but even that wouldn't have come close to what Fox News would have done if that attack occurred while a Democrat was in office.

Both W and Netanyahu had credible intelligence of attacks before they happened, and I assume Biff knows that too

Back