• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

There are million blue check pundits on twitter, enough for each of us to find one that fits our biases. It’s no accomplishment to find an establishment supporting moderate journalist.

You’re just setting up for someone to respond the same way when you post a tweet that makes a good point.

There are million blue check pundits on twitter, enough for each of us to find one that fits our biases. It’s no accomplishment to find an establishment supporting moderate journalist.

her personal views are actually quite progressive, but she is actually about getting things accomplished.

You’re just setting up for someone to respond the same way when you post a tweet that makes a good point.

If I make a good point by way of a retweet that includes a blatant lie from known biased journalist then feel free to debate me on it. At least I don’t claim that any of the leftist shit posters that I retweet are moderates or mainstream, you all would really have fun with that.

If I make a good point by way of a retweet that includes a blatant lie from known biased journalist then feel free to debate me on it. At least I don’t claim that any of the leftist shit posters that I retweet are moderates or mainstream, you all would really have fun with that.

Just because you vote or would vote for something doesn't mean you were advocating for it.

and again, if somebody supports progressive policies, but thinks progressives are dumb at strategies to realize those policies, does that make them a moderate?

It isn't like Greenwald or Taibbi pretending to be progressives and agreeing with right wing partisans all of the time.

Last edited:
and again, if somebody supports progressive policies, but thinks progressives are dumb at strategies to realize those policies, does that make them a moderate?

Those labels like progressive and moderate are all pretty meaningless when you and other liberals such as Magdi use them, because you are naked political opportunists who will claim any and every side to win an argument based on whomever you are arguing/condescending/chastising/condemning/cheerleading at the moment. Which is the entire problem. You are apolitical people who believe in getting *politics* done. When *politics* gets done you call it progress, whatever it is, no matter what it failed to do, or what the cost was to do it. You aren’t literally at the center of some ideological chart, you just stake out whatever anti-position is contrary to the goals of actual progressives *and* conservatives, and whenever both sides are stifled you claim victory for it.

Those labels like progressive and moderate are all pretty meaningless when you and other liberals such as Magdi use them, because you are naked political opportunists who will claim any and every side to win an argument based on whomever you are arguing/condescending/chastising/condemning/cheerleading at the moment. Which is the entire problem. You are apolitical people who believe in getting *politics* done. When *politics* gets done you call it progress, whatever it is, no matter what it failed to do, or what the cost was to do it. You aren’t literally at the center of some ideological chart, you just stake out whatever anti-position is contrary to the goals of actual progressives *and* conservatives, and whenever both sides are stifled you claim victory for it.
My God have you ever just really sat down and come to the conclusion of how completely full of s*** you are?

My God have you ever just really sat down and come to the conclusion of how completely full of s*** you are?

You and I have a fundamental disagreement about politics, that’s established. Right here specifically my problem is with you often characterizing liberals or even yourself as “very progressive”, as though moral ideology can be described in the abstract, separate from political strategy. I absolutely disagree with that, and I will argue every time you bring it up.

Last edited:
you two sure do like to rj up threads whenever possible

You and I have a fundamental disagreement about politics, that’s established. Right here specifically my problem is with you often characterizing liberals or even yourself as “very progressive”, as though moral ideology can be described in the abstract, separate from political strategy. I absolutely disagree with that, and I will argue every time you bring it up.

what you are saying is that you can't be a progressive unless you hate everybody different than you and make no efforts to be pragmatic or build coalitions? I have never referred to myself as very progressive because I am not very progresive. this is about another writer that you doubt the sincerity of their ideological belief system because they are pragmatic and don't rant and rave to your satisfaction.

sounds like elitist gatekeeping of an ideological variety to me.

what you are saying is that you can't be a progressive unless you hate everybody different than you and make no efforts to be pragmatic or build coalitions?

It’s weird how you can post hyperbolic shit like this and still pretend as if you are reasonable. You’re just as obstinate, argumentative, and partisan as anyone here. This is a rhetorical disagreement. You attempt to take up as much ideological space as possible by referring to yourself (or pundits you subscribe to) as both moderate, practical, and progressive, and this pushes everyone who disagrees with you to the margins so that you portray us as unreasonable extremists. This whole “adult in the room” schtick is so fucking tired and condescending.

Both of you are right. The “adult in the room” shtick sucks and attempts to take up space. But also, you’re against coalitions and persuasion and take pleasure in taking up as little space as possible.

Last edited:
Is there anyone here who doesn't argue like their opinions are totally reasonable and the viewpoint that everybody should take?

I posted a position from somebody who is more progressive than me but has a general agreement with me on strategy on how to get things done. He launches into some diatribe about how it doesn't matter because people not on his ivory tower have no real belief system at which point I called him full of shit.

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself but I’ve been advocating to fuck compromise and take a flamethrower to the GOP for years.

And guess what, it works.

When your opposition is a bunch of lying ass bigoted scumbags, treat them that way.

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself but I’ve been advocating to fuck compromise and take a flamethrower to the GOP for years.

And guess what, it works.

When your opposition is a bunch of lying ass bigoted scumbags, treat them that way.
lol, you wanted to kick Manchin out of the Senate and give it control of it to the GOP.

lol, you wanted to kick Manchin out of the Senate and give it control of it to the GOP.

And that would have affected loan forgiveness how?

My actual argument was to blackmail him into submission, but the Dems decided to buy him off instead. Whatever works, I guess.

Either way I will celebrate his death when that beautiful day comes. Horrible human being and a black mark on the party.

But back to Biden, keep going baby. Kill these fuckers. Metaphorically, of course.

And that would have affected loan forgiveness how?

My actual argument was to blackmail him into submission, but the Dems decided to buy him off instead. Whatever works, I guess.

Either way I will celebrate his death when that beautiful day comes. Horrible human being and a black mark on the party.

But back to Biden, keep going baby. Kill these fuckers. Metaphorically, of course.
Biden's poll numbers have been going up well before loan forgiveness which all progressives we're freaking out about his incremental $10,000 forgiveness before they did a complete about face.

He was able to negotiate with manchin to address some climate change concerns get a minimum tax on large corps and fix a depleted irs

Last edited:
Biden's poll numbers have been going up well before loan forgiveness which all progressives we're freaking out about his incremental $10,000 forgiveness before they did a complete about face.

Are you really trying to take dub on Biden growing a set? I’m not sure what you want out of this. We’re congratulating your boy for realizing it’s 2022 and not 1985 anymore. I like this Biden.

Be happy Chris, not miserable.

Back