• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by 9/11/21

Biden will end up with the smallest number of troops killed in Afghanistan seems like a different way to present the deaths.

What about the ~3000 soldiers that died in Afghanistan before them? Were they just part of the cost of freedom isn’t free? What makes these last few deaths so much more outrageous than the previous thousands of deaths in our two decade war on a word? We’re they less preventable?

Nah, I think that, as per usual, conservatives are using military deaths as a political tool to rile up the base and distract from 574 actually preventable deaths in Florida ICUs and from their absolute failure of a 20 year war in Afghanistan.

Is the doctor presenting real numbers this time? Or just being funny?

US fatalities in Afghanistan by year:

2017: 14
2018: 14
2019: 21
2020: 11
2021: 13

Were the 60 US fatalaties in Afghanistan from 2017-2020 also completely preventable?

No. We still had a mission ongoing. Our mission was done in Afghanistan before these deaths. These folks were re-deployed to unfuck the situation the Administration had fucked up by failing to conduct evacuations when we had control of the country.

No. We still had a mission ongoing. Our mission was done in Afghanistan before these deaths. These folks were re-deployed to unfuck the situation the Administration had fucked up by failing to conduct evacuations when we had control of the country.

You understand they were killed by a lone suicide bomber from ISIS right, who we didn't have a deal with?

every time i think brad is the biggest dumbfuck associated with wake forest, thereff comes along and one ups him. its embarrassing to have such weak reasoning skills associated with wake.

Damnit, I was just about to post this. Get out of my head.

You understand they were killed by a lone suicide bomber from ISIS right, who we didn't have a deal with?

That's great news. They were in the United States three weeks ago. They should have never been sent back in there. The mission was over, but for the clumsy withdrawal. Keep JCDing though.

Please point out where the denominator (or any numbers) were changed, doc.

Feel free to enlist the help of other members of your department or any other Tunnels' scholars if needed.

LOL, you declared that Florida was all that mattered with covid and changed the numbers from national pediatric covid deaths to Florida specific. That is called changing the numbers. In that case, it was both the numerator and the denominator. As for the Afghan ratio calculation, you changed the numerator from 13 American soldiers to 73 total Afghans + US soldiers. 73 is a different number than 13. See, that is called changing the numbers. Really hoping Shoo or WakenBake can back me up here, because your intellect is towering and intimidating. Enjoy your travel this afternoon!

That's great news. They were in the United States three weeks ago. They should have never been sent back in there. The mission was over, but for the clumsy withdrawal. Keep JCDing though.

Would it surprise you to learn that there were both hostile and non-hostile deaths by US forces in Afghanistan in 2020 after Trump negotiated the peace deal in March 2020?

Would it surprise you to learn that there were both hostile and non-hostile deaths by US forces in Afghanistan in 2020 after Trump negotiated the peace deal in March 2020?

No, nor would it excuse what President Biden failed to do in 2021. The standard can't forever be "Yeah but Trump!".

My baseline going forward is 13. It took 13 American deaths to end a war in which 1000’s died. Any number above 13 is what should be considered unacceptable. That means Trump, Obama, and Bush. Though since Bush started it his baseline should be 0.

I see jh is continuing to celebrate the deaths of service members by a suicide bomber. Finally something to attack Biden on! Instead vote for my party!!!

I see jh is continuing to celebrate the deaths of service members by a suicide bomber. Finally something to attack Biden on! Instead vote for my party!!!

You guys prove daily why you are so reliably available to post during the business day.

Oh this is a fun game. If Bush and Cheney hadn't invaded in the first place, 2,461 American troops, who were previously safe in the United States, would still be alive if Bush hadn't fucked up.

Today is conservative chub day, going to rub it raw over the Texas abortion ban going into effect and failure of the Supreme Court to act. This faux Afghanistan outrage is just the morning teaser.

LOL, you declared that Florida was all that mattered with covid and changed the numbers from national pediatric covid deaths to Florida specific. That is called changing the numbers. In that case, it was both the numerator and the denominator. As for the Afghan ratio calculation, you changed the numerator from 13 American soldiers to 73 total Afghans + US soldiers. 73 is a different number than 13. See, that is called changing the numbers. Really hoping Shoo or WakenBake can back me up here, because your intellect is towering and intimidating. Enjoy your travel this afternoon!

Lulz - National pediatric covid deaths was never specified in your initial post. And the only covid death rates I ever posted on the Tunnels were FL specific. How dare I believe you were referring to anything other than FL pediatric deaths?? The unmitigated gall!!!

And I did adjust the numerator from 13 to 73 because your 122,000 evacuation number (which included afghans and other non-US citizens) didn't account for the 60 afghan deaths. It wasn't an apples-to-apples comparison and it's sad that I have to explain that to a 'scientist'.

Once again you failed to answer why you didn't count the afghan deaths in your original post. Is it because you hate or don't care about brown people?

And LOL at relying on Shoo or Helpdesk for anything. It's a win those Mensa members are able to find their way to work everyday.

Back