• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big Brother

This is why Paul lost:
Like 4 different times:

Paul: Houseguest, if you're seeing this, something went terribly wrong and I'm all alone now.

Josh: It was all Paul's idea. I have a final 3 with Paul and Christmas. You were the target all along.

Sure Paul got a little cocky and could have been more honest in his farewell messages. Waah, waah. There is no doubt that he ran the house all season and orchestrated every elimination. He did it all without ever becoming a target himself or going on the block. If that is not the definition of deserving to win I don't know what is.

Jury management is a part of the game. Waah Waah.

This.

You can't just brush off the multiple epic fails on his part (despite all his relative genius). He had it within his grasp to win easily but couldn't overcome himself. The Ravens and Christmases of the world might go for that shit, but in real life its a good way to be a loser.

This.

You can't just brush off the multiple epic fails on his part (despite all his relative genius). He had it within his grasp to win easily but couldn't overcome himself. The Ravens and Christmases of the world might go for that shit, but in real life its a good way to be a loser.

Multiple epic fails? He ran the entire game. During the Q/A session Josh kept repeating how he called out the people's shady game moves, insulting Mark, Cody, Jessica -- the people in whose faces he was slamming pots and pans -- and these weak emo children still voted for him, when Paul did absolutely nothing to them on a personal level during the game. That should've been an epic fail. Mark and Cody are meatballs, while Jessica was smart enough, and a good enough gameplayer, to appreciate what Paul did.

But, I guess, as a country really, we have embraced making decisions on the basis of being spiteful and feeling slighted in the face of perceived elitism and intelligence -- so this is what we get.

Multiple epic fails? He ran the entire game. During the Q/A session Josh kept repeating how he called out the people's shady game moves, insulting Mark, Cody, Jessica -- the people in whose faces he was slamming pots and pans -- and these weak emo children still voted for him, when Paul did absolutely nothing to them on a personal level during the game. That should've been an epic fail. Mark and Cody are meatballs, while Jessica was smart enough, and a good enough gameplayer, to appreciate what Paul did.

But, I guess, as a country really, we have embraced making decisions on the basis of being spiteful and feeling slighted in the face of perceived elitism and intelligence -- so this is what we get.

This is the worst post I have read in a long, long time.

I love that there are other people willing to debate about Big Brother.

But I do completely appreciate what Paul did all season. That's the point though - that's why losing is such a big fail. He just never knew when to dial it back, instead he just went 100 mph off the cliff.

I'm sure he'll be back again though.

I think if there's one thing you can definitely give Josh credit for, it's being able to read the room. I thought he was insane for not cutting Paul at the final eviction, but he got that move absolutely right in the end. Paul couldn't (wouldn't?) read the room, especially when the questions kept hammering him and he doubled down on denying everything.

This is the deal: At final 2, you have to make the jury feel good about giving you the $500,000 vote. If one person is honest and the other one unnecessarily lies even when you’re officially out of the running for the $, you’re gonna strongly consider taking the honest person. Owning up to your betrayals and revealing your real loyalties in the goodbye message is classic big brother.

The Cody vote was also a FU to production for bringing back a vet and giving him 3 wks immunity off the bat. The show is more fun when it’s 16 newbies figuring it all out.

I love that there are other people willing to debate about Big Brother.

But I do completely appreciate what Paul did all season. That's the point though - that's why losing is such a big fail. He just never knew when to dial it back, instead he just went 100 mph off the cliff.

I'm sure he'll be back again though.

Paul played his ass off, no doubt about it.

If you look at the online "favorite player" polls, you can kind of see where everything went off the rails for Paul and when Cody became a favorite... It was Week 7, which was when Cody was eliminated for the 2nd time. I'm not sure exactly why, but that's when it happened. I do think a lot of it was because that was around the time when it became obvious that the rest of the house was a bunch of idiots and Paul was going to cakewalk to the end.

Just an awful, awful season with terrible players and people.

I agree 100% w/ Brews that you can't bring back a vet (especially one like Paul) and give him 3 weeks immunity right off of the bat. How much better would the season have been if Cody had been able to eliminate Paul right off the bat?

I think Raven & Matt in the jury house also hurt Paul's game... People hated them so much that they wanted to vote against Paul.

I'm not done with the show, but this was easily the worst season and least watchable since I started watching (Big Brother 12, when Hayden won).

Just stop bringing back the old players. They had their chance. No one wants to see them again.

I think Shannon, Ross, and Marissa are best equipped to win the game because they are superfans of the show. I'll pick Shannon, assuming she keeps that fact a secret and doesn't start the game guns blazing.

I am watching this season of Celebrity Big Brother and enjoying it.

I'm not proud of that fact, but it is the truth.

Shannon and Ross are very good at the game and I'd be fine with either of them winning. Most everyone has been entertaining so far, which is all I ask for.

I know it’s not going to happen, but I’d love to see Metta turn Keyser Soze at the finale and walk away as the winner.

The fact that he didn’t know he voted off Chuck was hilarious. Though, in fairness, Chuck did ask that people vote for him so he could stay.

can we all agree that the former big brother chick jessica on amazing race is the worst

Metta is the latest in a long line of people who go bananas within 72 hours of entering the BB House. This archetype is usually my favorite character. The trend continues for me in Celebrity Big Brother.

tumblr_p3z1cnX7ED1ve7wmgo1_540.gif

Back