• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Bball week (2 weeks) in a long time

deacfan123

Reaction score
Folks, this is what we have wanted for years. We got a taste last year and should have made the dance, but this is they type of week that we dreamed about with Bzz and Manning.

Two massive home games, Clemson leading the ACC, UVA maybe the best ACC team? both at home. Both Q1 opportunites, both of them are massive chances to increase our tourney odds, increase our program stature, and show that we are for real. It doesn't get easier after that, with @ Pitt, NC state, and @ Duke after. These 5 games will likely decide the season, or at least show us the potential trajectory of it.

The home games need to be packed, the Joel has been good to us without good support but now is the time to show we actually care about the basketball program. Need to show up for Forbes, he deserves it.

So home games in harms way? Thought that meant fake fans rooting for the visitor.

The team with the best record in the ACC does not have any opportunity to end the year as a quad 1 win?

Noted.
They would need to finish in the top 30 of the NET, which they could end up doing if they keep playing well, but currently they are 51st.

I took his original post to mean that if we won it was a Q1 win, not that "it could be a Q1 win at the end of the year". So that's my bad on the assumption if that's how he meant it.

Of course anybody could play their way up or down with 15 games left in the regular season/conference tournament.

I would guess Clemson does not finish the year top 30.

I feel like a split this week holds serve and keeps us on the bubble and even in contention for top 5 in the ACC which imo would make us a tournament lock given the improved performance of the league this year. 2 wins would have us closer to the top 25 than the bubble at 15-5 (7-2) with another Q1 win. Clemson is a really tough matchup for us but I think that if we can take care of the ball and hit shots against UVA we can get a win there. Their offense is liable to have long droughts.

I feel like a split this week holds serve and keeps us on the bubble and even in contention for top 5 in the ACC which imo would make us a tournament lock given the improved performance of the league this year. 2 wins would have us closer to the top 25 than the bubble at 15-5 (7-2) with another Q1 win. Clemson is a really tough matchup for us but I think that if we can take care of the ball and hit shots against UVA we can get a win there. Their offense is liable to have long droughts.
I agree that a split holds serve, and prob is more positive than negative. Two wins is huge. Two losses is a legit killer. Need to get Clemson first, we owe them. And yes not a quad 1 win game at the time, has a chance to be one, and quite frankly is crazy that it is not one.

It’s not all about the computers. A win tomorrow would be a win over a ranked team and put us in a tie for second with the Miami-Cuse winner one game back if Clemson. Finish top 4 and quads won’t matter.

NET seems like it could really use a time weighting component. A 10 point win in November shouldn't have the same weight as one in February. Apologies if I've misunderstood the system, but it doesn't appear to do this.

NET seems like it could really use a time weighting component. A 10 point win in November shouldn't have the same weight as one in February. Apologies if I've misunderstood the system, but it doesn't appear to do this.

Believe they considered this and opted not to include it

Forbes mentioned fans showing up multiple times in his interview today. Think he and the team really feel like they deserve good crowds, especially this week. Hope we can give it to them, and hope they repay the favor with great ball.

i'm thinking 3-2 over the next five. 2-1 at home, 1-1 on road
so now i fully expect them to go 0-5 just to make me miserable. :)

I would love to be there but a 9 on a Tuesday is not possible for those beyond 2 hours or so. Sucks!

Back