• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest football rival

Deacon

Reaction score
IC is arguing about whether UNC is every other ACC's teams biggest rival and I was wondering who the board wants to beat the most in football.

Whoever is ranked highest that year. Didn't grow up in NC, so the traditional NC rivals don't do much for me. Add in conference expansion, and I just can't get up for a meaningless Wake/UNC, Wake/Duke, or Wake/NC State game that may not even happen every year.

I'd say basketball is different though. Traditional rivalries are more important to me for some reason.

At this stage in the evolution of Wake, a win will suffice in the conference, don't make no difference who it is...

NC State, Duke and UNC would be the order I would place them. The ACC divisions hurt the UNC rivalry.

Definitely not UNC. Honestly, I would have a hard time calling any team a rival in football.

The one thing Grobe did well was beat the other Big 4 schools. They could probably all three call us their rival...ask Wake, I'd probably lean toward NCST.

WF does not play UNC every year any more; so, they can't be WF's biggest football rival. Got to be State.

Hopefully Dave Doeren is worried that he couldn't beat us under the old guard, and now we're upgrading. Larry Fedora too, though to a much lesser extent given the scheduling format. Glad Grobe went out with wins vs both of those two.

Florida or NC?

I've lived in Florida almost 10 years and I've never heard anybody refer to FSU as "State." Even down here it means "NC State."

Back