• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest football rival

The fact that there is a thread trying to figure out who our rival is means we don't have one.

I think most of us know it's clearly State. I don't know what's wrong with the rest.

I've lived in Florida almost 10 years and I've never heard anybody refer to FSU as "State." Even down here it means "NC State."

Grew up in FL and State was always NC State FSU was always FSU. And Tech was always GT.

Before expansion, was clearly UNC. When my grandfather (class of '40) was looking about colleges, his dad (class of '14) told him, "You can go anywhere you want, but if you go to Chapel Hill, you're paying your own way."

Now I would say State.

Before expansion, was clearly UNC. When my grandfather (class of '40) was looking about colleges, his dad (class of '14) told him, "You can go anywhere you want, but if you go to Chapel Hill, you're paying your own way."

Now I would say State.

Are you a 4th generation Deac? That's awesome.

Yes, I am. Grandfather grew up with Ed Wilson. Found great-grandfather's Howler page when they archived them all online a while ago.

That's really cool, man. I bet you have heard some awesome stories.

Most fans would say unc. But I think for the players most think FSU especially the ones from FL.

Back