• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Reform EVER passed thread

Rubio is a no on the tax bill unless it includes a larger expansion of a child tax credit.

YeahOK.gif

I'll believe it when I see it.

LOL looks like they are going to end the personal income tax cuts a year earlier. It's like they are sitting around a room thinking "okay, we have a historically unpopular bill, how can we make this fucker worse."

LOL looks like they are going to end the personal income tax cuts a year earlier. It's like they are sitting around a room thinking "okay, we have a historically unpopular bill, how can we make this fucker worse."

Damn. palma's going to have to edit his posts.

#plamawilldefend

Republicans Hunt for Ways to Pay for Tax Cuts

Still, the bill contains a host of tax changes that are expected to increase the cost of the bill that passed the Senate, such as repealing the corporate alternative minimum tax and increasing the income threshold at which the individual alternative minimum tax kicks in.

While the late changes to the tax bill were mean to alleviate concerns of skeptical Republicans, it was not clear how they would be paid for while still complying with the strict Senate budget rules that will allow the bill to pass without votes from any Democrats. Republicans can add no more than $1.5 trillion to the deficit if they are to pass the bill along party lines.

Vice President Mike Pence decided on Thursday to delay a trip to the Middle East trip that he was planning to take next week so that he can preside over the tax vote in the event he needs to break a tie between Republicans and Democrats in the Senate.

Rubio is a no on the tax bill unless it includes a larger expansion of a child tax credit.

YeahOK.gif

I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah. Willing to raise the corporate rate to pay for a top tax rate reduction but will do nothing helpful for poor kids

yeah, you'll be complaining democrats want to "raise your taxes" if this garbage bill is somehow still the law of the land and the cuts expire

So what you're saying is there's a small chance they expire and I might be pissed 8 years from now so I should think saving money now is bad. Got it.

It’s going to take a lot more to get Palma off his knees, he’s still getting crumbs just not as many.

I have a family member with 0 tax liability who currently nets $5,000 a year in refunds. I don't think we need to make that $8,000 a year because she decided to be a theatre major.

I have a family member with 0 tax liability who currently nets $5,000 a year in refunds. I don't think we need to make that $8,000 a year because she decided to be a theatre major.

I think you are jealous her theater major has made her infinitely more interesting than you

If it’s such a great life, why don’t you quit your job and do what she does?

He'd rather count how much other people's lives suck.

Back