• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Reform EVER passed thread

In actuality the doc was just having fun saying "I love my job" and gave me the free ultrasound. It wasn't "necessary" because my knee seemed stable enough he didn't think I tore any ligaments, but did the ultrasound for his own amusement. Since it was a non displaced fibula fracture, he just recommended a brace, and after about 5 days of crutches I said fuck it and just started limping on it, as I couldn't do any more damage. Total cost was $219.

Good thing the ultrasound was free. In the United States musculoskeltal ultrasound performed in an urgent care setting has zero utility. Not because it cannot be useful, but because the expertise to perform in that setting does not exist.

This is all Trump ever cared about. Reducing the taxes on real estate development so he can personally benefit. Hopefully now he'll fade into nothing, or let himself get removed.

So palma's analysis of health care in America is based on a minor injury that didn't actually require treatment and a doctor who likes to give away expensive treatments for free. #anecdotes

and he supports a big risk pool, but doesn't want anyone to have to pay premiums

So looking at the final JCT score, 77% of the total tax savings go to the bottom 99%. So the top 1% get 23% of the benefit, but the top 1% also pay 35% of the total taxes.

This bill ain't that terrible.

The GOP Tax Bill Isn’t the End of the World. Far From It.

IMO, a pretty fair critique of the bill. Don't let the headline deter you - it's not GOP talking points.

Good article. Thanks for sharing. I get tired of the hyperbole. Economic disagreement doesn't make someone immoral. Thinking its a good thing that parents are able to pass down their income to their children upon their deaths isn't immoral. I personally don't work to make money for myself anyway. I work for my family. I work to send my kids to school, to send them to college, and I even work so that one day when I die, I will have an inheritance to pass down to them. That isn't immoral to desire those things, in fact I think it is exactly the opposite. Working so that your kids can have a better life is what lifts people out of whatever station in life they are in. My parents did it for me, and I intend to continue the tradition to my children.

Good grief.

You imagine you have been in danger of not being able to pass your assets to your children?

Really?

Good article. Thanks for sharing. I get tired of the hyperbole. Economic disagreement doesn't make someone immoral. Thinking its a good thing that parents are able to pass down their income to their children upon their deaths isn't immoral. I personally don't work to make money for myself anyway. I work for my family. I work to send my kids to school, to send them to college, and I even work so that one day when I die, I will have an inheritance to pass down to them. That isn't immoral to desire those things, in fact I think it is exactly the opposite. Working so that your kids can have a better life is what lifts people out of whatever station in life they are in. My parents did it for me, and I intend to continue the tradition to my children.

Now that's a straw man, right there. Nobody is saying it's immoral to want to pass down wealth to your kids.

Thanks for sharing. I get tired of the strawmen. Who has said is it is immoral for someone to pass down their assets to their children? That's not an economic disagreement. I think all of us here plan to do that. So, what specifically are you talking about?

Edited to add that I apparently did not post this quickly enough. I thought I must've been missing something so I puzzled over Wrangor's post for a little too long. Won't do that again.

So looking at the final JCT score, 77% of the total tax savings go to the bottom 99%. So the top 1% get 23% of the benefit, but the top 1% also pay 35% of the total taxes.

This bill ain't that terrible.

what percentage goes to those making over %200k?

Back