• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Sports Story of 2012

Biggest Sports Story of 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not included:

Conference realignment, Miguel Cabrera winning the triple crown, NHL Lockout, College Football approves playoffs, LeBron wins first title, Bubba Watson wins Masters, Peyton to the Broncos, Tim Tebow

Not included:

Conference realignment, Miguel Cabrera winning the triple crown, NHL Lockout, College Football approves playoffs, LeBron wins first title, Bubba Watson wins Masters, Peyton to the Broncos, Tim Tebow
I think more people would go with Webb wins the US Open over Bubba at the Masters due to WF connections.

I went with Sandusky but would have probably gone with replacement refs in a sports only involved (no crime, etc) poll

The golf story of the year is McIlroy's emergence as the game's dominate figure. The other stories are side notes.

The Lance Armstrong doping story finally coming out that the fraud we have known as Lance Armstong finally got exposed.

I think that I am the only one who voted for it, but Pagano is a heck of a story...

The biggest story of this year, or last year, or even the year before that, is how in the hell did Wellman dodge prosecution for overt cronyism and conspiracy to commit fraud?

Oh, yeah. The Ivory Tower.

Last edited:
For the sake of putting a non-American-centric item out there, I'll say Usain Bolt defending his Olympic golds in the 100, 200, and 4 x 100.

Back