• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biker w/o helmet dies protesting helmet laws

teach your kids not to somehow manage to fall right on their head and i think they'll be alright

Big fan of these laws because I don't want your corpse holding up traffic.

teach your kids not to somehow manage to fall right on their head and i think they'll be alright

Let me know how that works out for you when your kid gets sideswiped by a turning car or catches his front tire on a root and goes airborne over the handlebars. Not every bike crash involves a kid tipping over into the grass at 2 miles an hour.

The bottom line is that if you don't wear a helmet when you're riding a bike, you're either unbelievably stupid or your parents are unbelievably irresponsible.

Do you have kids? Have you ever been on a bike?

No. But my parents didn't make me wear a helmet or anyone in my family and none of us suffered traumatic head injuries. We had very private property though so I was thinking nowhere with cars. Obviously that would be cause for a helmet

^^^ Again, thought we were talking about kids riding in their driveway or something like that and not the road or a cross country course with tree roots everywhere, douchebag. You sound like one of the people who think you need sunscreen any time you step out in the sun for 5 seconds to throw some trash away

I was in a kids triathlon one time and fell of my bike and hit my head on the curb. Thank god for my helmet.

Back