• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Simmons on Chris Paul

Not true. Kobe and Dirk were a Hornet and Buck respectively for dozens of minutes before being traded to the Lakers and Milwaukee.

I believe if you want to be technically accurate, the hornets and bucks only owned the draft rights to kobe and dirk. Neither ever signed to play with those teams.

Is it going to be impossible for NYC to sign CP3 next year?

With the Chandler deal - Yes. Nash to NYK next year.
I'd agree - Nash to the Knicks seems to be the most likely next year; that is, if the team survives this year with old man Bibby at the helm. (Although I think Douglas might be able to step up and handle the reins)

Damn. Amazing that in a PG league the Knicks have 2 top 3 position players, a very good SG in Landry Fields, Chandler who can show he can do the dirty work to win a title, and questionable PG play (they had to drop Billups right?).

I really wanted to see Chris play for the Knicks.

Damn. Amazing that in a PG league the Knicks have 2 top 3 position players, a very good SG in Landry Fields, Chandler who can show he can do the dirty work to win a title, and questionable PG play (they had to drop Billups right?).

I really wanted to see Chris play for the Knicks.
Yeah Billups is gone, and they just signed Bibby.

I still think Toney Douglas might be able to handle being a starter; he definitely cannot be that much worse than Bibby.

Douglas is the real deal for that team. Already one of the top defensive pg's in the league and doesn't dominate the ball on offense.

Douglas is the real deal for that team. Already one of the top defensive pg's in the league and doesn't dominate the ball on offense.

I watch a lot of Knicks and Douglas, while many things, is not the point guard for this team. He'd be an excellent fit next to LeBron, but they really need a pass-first guy... Douglas is many things, but he's not that. I'm guessing that they start Bibby, at least in the beginning.

I believe if you want to be technically accurate, the hornets and bucks only owned the draft rights to kobe and dirk. Neither ever signed to play with those teams.

You're right. They were both drafted and immediately traded, I was just being a bit sarcastic earlier. Guess it didn't come through well in print.

Market is a relative term, but that's fine. You're right, I conflated market with population. That being said, I was pointing out city size, as a means of questioning the NBA's logic about markets.

Improving that remedial reading comprehension would serve you well, though, as long as we're talking about morons.

I never said Winston was bigger than Orlando. Actually, though, it's not far off. If we're talking cities, then Winston covers more square miles with just under 9,000 less people than Orlando.

:D

Focus on metropolitan statistical areas. Atlanta and Dallas are both among the top ten metro areas in the country measured by population, in the same ballpark as Philly and Boston and Miami.

Back