• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Killed child tax credit, shelved BBB, kickstarting student loan repayment and forgiving 0, but let’s see where they get with voting rights!

You keep saying he’s saving the planet but as a fan boy can you explain how he is doing that?

dude literally owns no possessions and spends his money on colonizing mars. Where would we be as far as EV adoption without Tesla? He forced all of his competition to follow suit by the sheer size of tesla's market cap.

Killed child tax credit, shelved BBB, kickstarting student loan repayment and forgiving 0, but let’s see where they get with voting rights!

The citizens whom will suffer the most from these circumstances have zero political leverage. It’s vote blue no matter who for the matters of abortion access and anti-racism, otherwise fuck off. That’s it - those are the only stakes.

dude literally owns no possessions and spends his money on colonizing mars. Where would we be as far as EV adoption without Tesla? He forced all of his competition to follow suit by the sheer size of tesla's market cap.

Oh buddy do I have a fun 16 year old documentary to recommend you.
30613488e1bdc629301601664ed62afc.jpg

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Production Electric vehicles have been designed and tested for a *long* time before Tesla. A major reason that he has been more successful producing them is because his product isn’t disruptive - it’s a luxury sedan for liberals. He’s not exactly threatening the market share for gas powered Honda Civic or Ford Explorer.

Since 2009 Tesla has sold 1.9 million vehicles, comparatively Toyota alone has sold 16 million Hybrids.

Last edited:
Escaping the planet does not equal saving the planet

Escaping the planet does not equal saving the planet

Well, the lampshade's on fire when the lights go out
The room lit up and we ran about
Well, this is what I really call a party now
Packed up our cars, move to the next town

It would be easier to develop the technologies necessary to save Earth from any potential doom than the technology necessary to get to and successfully colonize Mars.

It would be easier to develop the technologies necessary to save Earth from any potential doom than the technology necessary to get to and successfully colonize Mars.

Like electrical vehicles and solar power, for instance.

Well, the lampshade's on fire when the lights go out
The room lit up and we ran about
Well, this is what I really call a party now
Packed up our cars, move to the next town
I know it sucks, but I still dig the earth

Never thought I'd see the potential for interstellar white flight but here we are. jhmd is already looking to start a charter school on Mars.

I'm just here to make a joke about a charter school on Uranus.

Back