• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Not that anyone should care, but I took a great philosophical influence from Jim Valvano’s Espy speech, particularly this part:

“And when people say to me, “How do you get through life?” Each day’s the same thing. To me, there are three things we all should do every day. If we do this every day of our life, you’re going to … What a wonderful … Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think, you should spend some time in thought. And number three is you should have your emotions moved to tears. Could be happiness or joy, but think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that’s a full day. That’s a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you’re going to have something special.”

Catharsis is very important to me, in as much as I seek out pleasure and seek out joy, I think it’s important to be equally open to feeling sadness and pain, otherwise your senses are dull.

the premise that marginalized people would want the free to live some carefree fantasy life is faulty imo. Having a higher quality of life and freedom does give us the luxury of living without being affected — ignorance is bliss. If the roles were reversed, I would certainly hope the free peoples of the world wouldn’t turn a blind eye to my condition

I got to also point out to Plama that refugees and asylum seekers aren’t carefully choosing the United States off a menu based on some deep analytical comparison of our freedoms vs other first world nations. It’s not much of a compliment to say that Gazans or people escaping murderous persecution in Honduras would prefer to live in the USA, nor is any whining leftist such as myself claiming that those places are preferable to live.

Welcome to The Cosmos, with your host Carl Sagan Marjorie Taylor Greene

In the 1800s there used to be a nativist, anti-Catholic immigration third party called the American or Know Nothing Party. The GOP is certainly proving itself to be worthy of claiming that latter name for a new generation, for both its leaders and supporters. And they're proud of it.

Last edited:
Who the f are you to tell me i cant identify as an idiot if i damn well feel like it?

Jim Jordan lost 1 high school wrestling match in 4 years. He lost the vote for speakership 3 times in two weeks. Maybe he should’ve stuck to wrestling.

Guess that's why he looked the other way when his wrestlers were being assaulted. They lost. Winners take what they want. I guess.

For anyone interested in discussing Joe Biden, the reff has conveniently created the following threads:

-Crap Candidate Biden Says

-BS Biden has done or said - time to start worrying Dems about your nomination

-Biden Finally Admits to 7th Grandchild

-Ongoing Biden Gaffe Debacle

-WaPos David Ignatious & Morning Joe say Biden should not run in 2024

-Special Counsel Weiss Indicts Hunter Biden on 3 Charges

-Inflation Up 11.9% in two years with Biden

-Biden’s Border Fiasco

For anyone interested in discussing Joe Biden, the reff has conveniently created the following threads:

-Crap Candidate Biden Says

-BS Biden has done or said - time to start worrying Dems about your nomination

-Biden Finally Admits to 7th Grandchild

-Ongoing Biden Gaffe Debacle

-WaPos David Ignatious & Morning Joe say Biden should not run in 2024

-Special Counsel Weiss Indicts Hunter Biden on 3 Charges

-Inflation Up 11.9% in two years with Biden

-Biden’s Border Fiasco
Has he done one on Hunter Biden’s laptop yet or is he saving that for Christmas Day?

Back