• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

In a world where the other side exhibits any decency and adherence to political norms, or acts in good faith...that speech was too political.

We do not live in a world where any of those things have happened in at least a decade.

avalon, how do feel knowing that the Republican Party believes that no matter how far make it in this world, even to the Senate or a potential VP, your place is in the kitchen?

My goodness. The internet remains undefeated.

I had a hard time taking her seriously. She looks the organizer of a weekly "book club" for fellow housewives, who is about to polish off her third glass of chardonnay, and whispers to the group that she is troubled by the fact that she can't find a "trustworthy" housekeeper, as the last one had to be fired because she took water out of their faucet to fill their own water bottle.

Oh man, didn't realize she's married to Wesley Britt. UA lineman, All-SEC, played for the Pats.

LOL. She’s a senator married to a former NFL player turned lobbyist and she’s worried about her children’s future because of immigrants.

So Republicans already are against Taylor Swift and also want to get rid of TikTok. Way to gain the youth vote.

avalon, how do feel knowing that the Republican Party believes that no matter how far make it in this world, even to the Senate or a potential VP, your place is in the kitchen?

I mean... unsurprised? It makes me think of some of the many times Republican women are shoved into the spotlight to try to soften the damage done by the men in the party. And to be asked to do it in the kitchen? Katie Britt must really want access to power.

Nothing but good things happened to the women who helped create Gilead, I'm pretty sure.

And why didn’t they? It’s against House rules to wear campaign paraphernalia on the floor.

I keep seeing clips from whatever the fuck RSBN and the broadcast is literally just what Anchorman was trying to be satirical about

And just watched the clip of Katie Britt or whoever the hell, and oh my god. That's genuinely uncanny.

I actually just watched the video for the first time - is she serious? That’s like bad high school theater delivery.

I had a hard time taking her seriously. She looks the organizer of a weekly "book club" for fellow housewives, who is about to polish off her third glass of chardonnay, and whispers to the group that she is troubled by the fact that she can't find a "trustworthy" housekeeper, as the last one had to be fired because she took water out of their faucet to fill their own water bottle.

She looks like she organizes her schedule around hosting pampered chef parties.

Biden did well. We could debate content all week but he showed himself thorough, on point, relatively articulate and passionate. There is no doubt in my mind this will provide a considerable bump especially with those who were concerned about the age factor.
Did his performance influence your opinion of him any?

Yep, content of the speech really didn't matter. The number 1 issue Biden faces is his age. He needed to convice people he is capable of doing the job. More or less, he kinda accomplished that.

the people handwringing about the violation of the sacred norms last night with Biden being too political seem to forget that the last guy held his political convention speech at the fucking White House.

Exactly. They changed the rules and don't want others to play by them.

Back