• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

man, if only you were joking about those loans. i was at Bass Pro a few months ago and saw fishing boats with "$500/month!" tags

240 month loans so that you can buy a "$60k" fishing boat for $120K!

man, if only you were joking about those loans. i was at Bass Pro a few months ago and saw fishing boats with "$500/month!" tags

240 month loans so that you can buy a "$60k" fishing boat for $120K!

sell yourself into lifelong debt servitude to own the libs!

what are annual costs on a boat? gotta be a ton for dock/slip fees, insurance, gas, etc.

i mean fishing boat guys uisually just trailer it. insurance is similar to a car, maybe a little less

my FIL has a little sport boat and the slip is $2k year. im guessing it's about $5k/year to own it if you keep it at a marina depending on winterizing/storage costs?

i imagine a bigger boat at a coastal marina would be way more, though

E: Not sure how I crossed threads.

Last edited:
i mean fishing boat guys uisually just trailer it. insurance is similar to a car, maybe a little less

my FIL has a little sport boat and the slip is $2k year. im guessing it's about $5k/year to own it if you keep it at a marina depending on winterizing/storage costs?

i imagine a bigger boat at a coastal marina would be way more, though

You get on a waiting list at a coastal marina for dry stack at $15K a year.

That's probably a small exaggeration on the yearly, but it's really tight in Charleston/Mount Pleasant for a good location. Deeded slip is the way to go.

A $60,000 fishing boat at Bass Pro in Biden's economy these days is like a 20' bass boat or a skiff with an outboard. Nobody is keeping either of those in a slip or doing any maintenance other than winterizing it themselves. You're probably talking less than $500 a year in annual costs (excluding gas) between registration, insurance, oil, trailer bearing grease, etc.

A $60,000 fishing boat at Bass Pro in Biden's economy these days is like a 20' bass boat or a skiff with an outboard. Nobody is keeping either of those in a slip or doing any maintenance other than winterizing it themselves. You're probably talking less than $500 a year in annual costs (excluding gas) between registration, insurance, oil, trailer bearing grease, etc.

right

4fb.png

Ok so this I don't understand about fishing. I live on Lake Norman and every day I see 20ft bass fishing boats with 375hp outboard motors rooster-tailing at 70mph across the lake to go to a different cove and sit still and fish for an hour. What in the hell was the rush? Dude, all you did was get to that spot 7 seconds earlier. It's Saturday morning at 7am. Relax buddy. Chill

Pretending like they’re in a fishing tournament? Kind of like grown men wearing spikes to a golf tournament or bringing a glove to a baseball game.

Ok so this I don't understand about fishing. I live on Lake Norman and every day I see 20ft bass fishing boats with 375hp outboard motors rooster-tailing at 70mph across the lake to go to a different cove and sit still and fish for an hour. What in the hell was the rush? Dude, all you did was get to that spot 7 seconds earlier. It's Saturday morning at 7am. Relax buddy. Chill
the same reason they drive a lifted F150 finaced for 1000 years with a molon labe sticker on the back

Back