• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Is this a lookalikes thread now?
3afddf82-7250-46ee-aecc-6f37da614e00-gd10.jpg

I’m totally fine with the death penalty being abolished. I personally feel life in prison is much worse knowing that you’ll never have a moment of freedom again. Worse than death IMO.
I believe most would have this opinion until death becomes a reality and not just a possibility.

Kind of crazy how he explains that the Target CEO said the problem is unwanted merchandise and the responses are still stuck on the shoplifting explanation. The reported shoplifting incidents don't seem like they'd lead to major losses.

Redundancy when consumers and Target are pushing delivery over brick and mortar seems like the real problem. The stores closing in NY and SF are both less than 3 miles from two other Targets.

Journalism is about getting the story quickly and setting a narrative to generate clicks and views. So yeah, they just take what the cops or Target PR people say and run with it. No critical thinking involved.

Do journalism majors (or anybody in journalism) learn historical methods? Perhaps if journalists saw themselves as contemporary historians, the field and all of us would be better off.

Journalism is about getting the story quickly and setting a narrative to generate clicks and views. So yeah, they just take what the cops or Target PR people say and run with it. No critical thinking involved.

Do journalism majors (or anybody in journalism) learn historical methods? Perhaps if journalists saw themselves as contemporary historians, the field and all of us would be better off.
To be fair, I don’t think it matters how the journalists see themselves when they work for a corporate conglomerate solely focused on ad sales and subscription revenues.

Back