• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biological male wins women’s cycling event

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
Historic-Jillian-B-1.jpg

A biological male who identifies as female has won a major women’s race in the US in what is believed to be a first for cycling.
Jillian Bearden was born a male but identifies as a transgender woman and has not had sex reassignment surgery.
However, while still a biological man she was able to take part in the event under new rules ushered in by an International Olympic Council decision.
Bearden took victory in the 106-mile El Tour de Tucson in Arizona at the weekend in a time of 4hrs 36mins, some 25mins behind the men’s winner; Mexican Olympic cyclist Hugo Rangel.
“It’s absolutely huge,” history-maker Bearden (36) told local reporters.
“We’re at a moment of time where not only do we have to come out but we have to be positive.
“We have to come together in solidarity and move this country in a direction that is accepting of all.”
http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/biological-male-dominates-womens-cycling-event-in-historic-first/

This is a big win for men everywhere.

Lots of guys that are pretty good athletes but not quite good enough to win at the top levels can now compete as women.

What a wonderful world full of opportunities.

I guess I could see where women might resent this but, hey, they get to have babies.

Step yo game up leebs

So I guess now Richard Jefferson has precedent to prolong his career by switching to the WNBA.

It's absolutely sickening that a man would submit his body to hormones and other chemicals just to win a cycling race.

It's absolutely sickening that a man would submit his body to hormones and other chemicals just to win a cycling race.

OR baseball game, or home run record, or PGA event, ....

This is the politics board. You must have meant to post this sports news on the sports board.

Back