• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biological male wins women’s cycling event

I read your explanation, but it doesn't logically follow. However comfortable someone is now that they have taken whatever transition actions does not mean there was no disorder to begin with. It like saying there was an answer without a problem. Some sort of dysphoria to begin with or the individual would not have taken action to remedy it. Whether they are happy now or not is irrelevant.

A transgender person living as the gender they identify with does not constitute a dysphoria. The dysphoria comes with distress caused by elements of the first requirement. Until and unless that distress presents, there is no dysphoria. I didn't write the DSM-V, but smarter people than me did. I'm inclined to accept their definition at face value.

I feel like the last few pages could be summarized as ELC doesn't believe in gender transitioning, ever, but rather than coming out and saying that, he's point to a number of dubious sources that seem to reach that conclusion.

It's safe to say I don't exactly relate to GD. It's also safe to say that if an adult wants to transition and feels like that's the best thing for them, more power to them. I'm gonna think they're weird regardless, but I'm not going to harass them or make their life miserable by being a dick. If one is willing to take that on and all the issues that is going to entail with dating, intimacy, so be it. I do think that the idea of transition stems from an older era with older values toward sexuality and sex, and it seems this rather obvious observation is too delicate a matter for anybody to consider these days for fear it would be taking two steps back. One can still examine that idea without drawing the same conclusions that I do, which is that it's archaic and Frankensteinish.

What I am debating now is the wisdom of transitioning a child, whether it's just posing them as the opposite sex or physically transitioning them. You will never convince me that it is the correct or ethical thing to do. It is mind boggling to me that people would think that it's ok.

I just want to add its all fun and games where you think that's pretty sweet as a man I get to wrestle a girl. Then you are a tournament and the best comedic situation possible presents itself where your heavyweight 285lb teammate gets to wrestle a girl.

What I am debating now is the wisdom of transitioning a child, whether it's just posing them as the opposite sex or physically transitioning them. You will never convince me that it is the correct or ethical thing to do. It is mind boggling to me that people would think that it's ok.

You realize that parents choose intersex children's genders at birth, right, oftentimes but not always in line with doctors' advice? How does this reality contribute to your opinion on this issue?

I just want to add its all fun and games where you think that's pretty sweet as a man I get to wrestle a girl. Then you are a tournament and the best comedic situation possible presents itself where your heavyweight 285lb teammate gets to wrestle a girl.

Women wrestlers were crazy good when I was wrestling. Watching overconfident men from the sticks get their asses handed to them by awesome women wrestlers was pretty amazing.

Last edited:
They were pretty shitty in any weight class where strength disparities had no chance of being overcome.

The girl on my high school wrestling team won districts in her weight class, I don't remember her ever bitching about testosterone levels.

Back