• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

Birdman signal

There was a story on npr morning edition today about turning bird song into electronic music.

Birdman signal

There was a story on npr morning edition today about turning bird song into electronic music.

I looked it up this morning. What a great idea! I am going to buy the album. I loved the DJ guy whoe is also a birder that apparently writes bird watching trips into his performance contracts.

We went outside for a walk yesterday. This dove landed right in front of us in our drive way. After we left the driveway it followed us for 100 yards and got really close before finally leaving. It had a blue band on its left leg and was not afraid of people. It had no problem being 2 feet away from us.

a5f9f988150541e0e4ef578ba87c6ecf.jpg

Back in the 90s, Birdman dated only ladies with the style we called "heron chic"

Thoughts, bird man?

Thoughts, bird man?

I like it. The kakapo is a great representative of the conservation problems NZ faces but also the amazing investment in conservation that New Zealand has made. Their population is currently only a little over 200 but was down to a few dozen 20 years ago.

Birdman, the puffin exhibit was closed at the zoo yesterday which was lame because puffins are awesome. And then it got worse from there because the kids wanted to stare at the flamingos forever and flamingos are a trash-ass bird.

Birdman, the puffin exhibit was closed at the zoo yesterday which was lame because puffins are awesome. And then it got worse from there because the kids wanted to stare at the flamingos forever and flamingos are a trash-ass bird.

Jesus Fucking Christ. This is some of the dumbest shit I have ever read on OGBoards.

Jesus Fucking Christ. This is some of the dumbest shit I have ever read on OGBoards.

Awwww shit. Now that is an emotional response. Defend those pink bastards. Even though they’re only pink because of their diet.

Awwww shit. Now that is an emotional response. Defend those pink bastards. Even though they’re only pink because of their diet.

Their beak morphology alone is super cool. They've evolved a filter feeding system that uses specialized grooves to filter shrimp out of the water and mud. It's like whale baleen. Plus look at their mating rituals:

Ok. What bird is a shit bird?

Ok, to be fair, I could probably find something exciting and awesome about any bird. My mind just went, "well, I guess pigeons...but wild pigeons in their native range nest on the edge of cliffs and can out run peregrine falcons." So I am pretty hopeless on this.

Back