• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

Going to look at birds at Sylvan Heights Bird Park in beautiful Scotland Neck today. They have a cassowary.

Apparently one of the ornithologists used to work for the queen.

Love that place. Haven’t been there in a long time. It’s a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Hey @birdman is this a mourning dove? My best guess from the Merlin app

bf23e50aa5b3a5496ab1f8c827dd135f.jpg

I went birding this morning with my daughter. Highlights were semi palmated plovers, a 30g bird that migrates from South America to Hudson Bay each year and the Palm warblers of the season. The palmies show up in huge numbers and stay for the whole winter but seeing the first ones is always a joy. I love migration and seeing birds arrive, pass though and disappear, I can see global natural processes happening in my yard. I feel connected to something big and powerful. Anyway, that’s enough about that.

How many times have you watched Winged Migration in your life

I fucking love that movie

Holy…

Too bad the double rainbow guy’s not around to add some gobsmacked commentary.

@ birdman and others

What is your favorite name for a group of birds? I've always loved murder of crows.

Despite being the bird thread I'm willing to entertain other animal groups for fun. A leap of leopards I believe I've heard. Heard gang of Buffalo's in Yellowstone last summer.

@ birdman and others

What is your favorite name for a group of birds? I've always loved murder of crows.

Despite being the bird thread I'm willing to entertain other animal groups for fun. A leap of leopards I believe I've heard. Heard gang of Buffalo's in Yellowstone last summer.
Hell know! Start an all animals but birds thread.

Parliament of owls is the best name for any and all groups of an animal.

Back