• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

The State and Duke games were bigger than this game.

I hate when we list players to the NFL team it looks good for the program, but we can't replace that talent easily like a Bama or Clemson. Imagine how much better we would have been with Jesse

I hate when we list players to the NFL team it looks good for the program, but we can't replace that talent easily like a Bama or Clemson. Imagine how much better we would have been with Jesse

Bates was not discouaraged by Clawson likely because Bates was recognized then as potentially doing well in NFL. Turns out to be true.

I suspect Dortch is not a clear success story next year in NFL and Clawson, et. al., know this. Dortch should get another year at the college level. I doubt Clawson is encouraging Dortch in the notion that he needs to leave now. Dortch may listen.

I doubt in the eyes of recruits

You can't be serious. Beating our two biggest rivals on the road isn't as big as beating Memphis in Birmingham?

Highly doubt Dortch comes back. He’s the man and I hope he kills it at the next level.

You can't be serious. Beating our two biggest rivals on the road isn't as big as beating Memphis in Birmingham?

State, yes but because they were #14 and it was on national TV. Thing is most of these recruits don’t care about these rivals unless they grew up in NC. They’ll care once they come to MSD.

You're looking at it as a wake fan/grad. Most recruits probably don't even know those games are rivalry games. they see us playing in the bowl meaning we probably had a decent season

State, yes but because they were #14 and it was on national TV. Thing is most of these recruits don’t care about these rivals unless they grew up in NC. They’ll care once they come to MSD.

All but 5 of our incoming class is from ACC country.

You're looking at it as a wake fan/grad. Most recruits probably don't even know those games are rivalry games. they see us playing in the bowl meaning we probably had a decent season

Back