• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Black & Gold Madness, This Saturday at 6pm

I am not sure that they can do a scrimmage since it's before the 15th.

Any idea about who the 2 current NBA players are that are coaching in the alumni game?

This event was not on the schedule at the beginning of this week. It is amazing to me that they could not have planned and announced it earlier.

That just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about the athletic department, doesn't it?

Luckily a successful season last year and an overwhelmingly supportive fanbase should result in a full house regardless. Oh wait..

Something tells me that they probably needed to confirm the two NBA players before committing to the event actually happening - knowing that more than likely there would not be any other hook to get people out there.

For the great number of people bitching about not having an event over the past years, seems you would be happy. Even with the short notice bet it is well attended. Seems a positive move to me.

After thinking about the timing, my best guess is that they were planning to do it next weekend during homecoming when the team could scrimmage as usual, then had to scramble with an alternative secondary plan when TV dictated a 6:30pm kickoff.

Any idea about who the 2 current NBA players are that are coaching in the alumni game?

Ish, Josh, Duncan, and CP3- am I forgetting anyone? I just looked up Darius and he's playing with the Lithuanian National Team and just signed with a team in Turkey (1 year for $1.5 million). My guess would be CP3 and Josh. Maybe CP3 and Ish. Weird that they just don't announce who it is.

Maybe they don't know and it's not final yet.

After thinking about the timing, my best guess is that they were planning to do it next weekend during homecoming when the team could scrimmage as usual, then had to scramble with an alternative secondary plan when TV dictated a 6:30pm kickoff.

Good point, that's likely what happened. We could've had a true midnight madness though.

I think someone posted that Duncan and Howard were definitely going to be in town (recruiting thread?) but wasn't sure about CP3.

CP just tweeted he had a great workout with the Deacs, so it sounds like he might be in town for this. We need to impress Anton Gill.

Rumor is that everyone's coming back. J-Ho, Timmy, CP3, Teague, Johnson, Aminu, Ish

Back