• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Black & Gold Madness, This Saturday at 6pm

This event was not on the schedule at the beginning of this week. It is amazing to me that they could not have planned and announced it earlier.

To be fair, I am sure the NBA lockout has a little to do with the number of people we will be able to have at the game. They could not have definitively forecast the attendance, in my opinion.

There is a big difference in an alumni game between John Buch, Jim Fitzpatrick and Joey Ammo than an alumni game featuring CP3, Duncan, Howard, Aminu, Johnson, etc.

Guys I really don't think there will be a scrimmage. Pretty sure that would make it an official practice which isn't allowed till the 14th.

Rumor is that everyone's coming back. J-Ho, Timmy, CP3, Teague, Johnson, Aminu, Ish

If Tim Duncan is at the FB game and the alumni hoops game, we should honor him with an announcement or something before or at halftime of the FB game - to maximize the # of people. Forget the $, he has carried himself so well as a graceful representative of the University for 17 years.

Everybody knows he went to Wake and he has been a model citizen and athlete his entire career.

I will never forget fall 1993 at Midnight Madness when I was like "yeah that Peral guy can shoot and Makhtar is big...who's the tall skinny kid?"

Glad to see the alumni banding together to help turn the hoops program around.

Now all we gotta do is beat FSU!

If Tim Duncan is at the FB game and the alumni hoops game, we should honor him with an announcement or something before or at halftime of the FB game - to maximize the # of people. Forget the $, he has carried himself so well as a graceful representative of the University for 17 years.

Everybody knows he went to Wake and he has been a model citizen and athlete his entire career.

I will never forget fall 1993 at Midnight Madness when I was like "yeah that Peral guy can shoot and Makhtar is big...who's the tall skinny kid?"

Glad to see the alumni banding together to help turn the hoops program around.

Now all we gotta do is beat FSU!

OPEN THE GATE Honoree

CP3 just tweeted that he just landed in Miami. Is our madness event being held in Miami?

Can someone at the game write about it here?

We went over after the fb game and played on the quad, etc. Then went to stand in line for the bb event. Got in OK. The place filled up but not really overflowing.

Then at about 6 the fire alarm goes off and continues to buzz for about 10 minutes. Then they announce we have to exit the building. Seems the "fog" machine set off the alarm and the Fire Dept. insisted on clearing the building.

Unfortunately, we didn't feel we could stay for the delayed event. But it seemed like most people were staying. Hope it was all good after that little mishap.

We went over after the fb game and played on the quad, etc. Then went to stand in line for the bb event. Got in OK. The place filled up but not really overflowing.

Then at about 6 the fire alarm goes off and continues to buzz for about 10 minutes. Then they announce we have to exit the building. Seems the "fog" machine set off the alarm and the Fire Dept. insisted on clearing the building.

Unfortunately, we didn't feel we could stay for the delayed event. But it seemed like most people were staying. Hope it was all good after that little mishap.

:laugh:

off the top of my head, alumni that were there: Duncan, Childress, and Howard were there did not actually play, Braswell, Rutland, Antwan Scott, Craig Dawson, Trent Strickland, Cam Stan, Ish, LD, Mike Lepore, Rusty, and a bunch of older guys I am forgetting. Intros of mens and womens team were pretty anti-climactic once it finally got underway after the fire alarm fiasco. 10 minute alumni game was cool, Rutland was stroking some threes, some good dunks from LD, Trent, and Antwan Scott. They then had some sort of three point contest that was a mess and pretty lame, then it was over.

It looked thrown together, which it probably was. The videos were extremely poor. The men's basketball one only highlighted McKie, Harris, DesRosiers, and Chennault. The alumni one was extremely long, included a seemingly random distribution of players, some of whom were there, some of whom weren't. Additionally, it showed pictures for some players, and videos for others.

The alumni game was cool, but Duncan, Howard, and Childress didn't play. There was also no Paul, which was strange since he was there for the football game.

The three point contest was chaotic, and the guy that took the half court shot was wearing a Marquette jersey (seriously?!?!).

Last years event was much better, probably because they had more time to put together the videos and some of the logistical stuff as well (ie: deactivating the smoke alarms in the room with the fog machine).

Last edited:
The best part was the final shot of the game at the buzzer which was almost an exact duplicate of "The Shot". The player who made it was probably the best part of the day. Hopefully someone got it on tape and can put it on Youtube. Also the CP wasn't there. Apparently "left early".

CP left the FSU game in the 4th quarter, got on a plane to Miami and is currently playing in a charity basketball game there with Wade, Melo, LeBron etc.

Yeah, let's cut CP3 a little slack. He tweeted about his involvement in this charity game in miami a while back and he is just helping his friends. Dude will always be a complete class act.

He coughed up $150k today... I think we should cut him a little slack.

But, my 15 year old son said, and I had to laugh... "yeah, $150K is cool but it's not exactly $40M..."

He didn't fall far from the tree.

Back